Will celexa show up in a urine drug screen as a classified drug that I had to take for my employer?

Hi Shadow,

A routine drug screen does not test for prescription medications, although benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and opioids will show up on the drug screen. Celexa may show up on an extended toxicology panel, however.

It shouldn't matter much what's in your system for employer drug screening. What matters is whether or not you're under a doctor's care and the drug is prescribed and that you're able to do the work without any impairment. Go into the drug screen, tell them that you're taking Celexa and that, if needed, they can check with your doctor. Give them your doc's phone number and ask if they need you to sign a release form to check with your doc. They'll probably say that it isn't necessary until the sample is tested. Be pleasant and straight-forward about it.