Can Naproxen be crushed or broken in half?

No it can not.

Swallow this medication whole. Do not break, crush, or chew the tablets. Doing so can destroy the long action of the drug and may increase side effects.

Take care

Some other info for taking Naproxen:

# The medication comes in tablet, caplet (capsule-shaped tablet), or liquid form. It is usually taken by mouth no more than twice daily or every 12 hours as needed (or as directed by the doc/pharmacist) for pain relief. It is best if you take it with food.

# For naproxen to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.

# It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of developing serious side effects.