Can methotrexate and meloxicam be taken together?

Yes, you can take them but, methotrexate and the use of meloxicam taken together can be dangerous.

When taken both methotrexate and meloxicam, your Oncologist may monitor you more closely and adjust your dose of these drugs.

Check with your Oncologist before you take an NSAID (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) if you are receiving Antineoplastic agents (chemotherapy, drugs used to treat cancer). You may have more adverse effects from your medicines if you take an NSAID(Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) with your Antineoplastic medicines. You may bruise or bleed more easily, or you may have stomach or kidney problems. Also, NSAIDs may hide signs of an infection. Report any unusual symptoms to your Oncologist right away.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION... safety always comes first!

Many drugs can interact with methotrexate injection. Below is just a partial list. Tell your Oncologist if you are using:

What did your Health Provider SAY?