What is the best way to get off of Wellbutrin 150?

Hi, i haven't discontinued Wellbutrin myself, but after reading patients accounts of withdrawing from this medication, a 25mg - 50mg dose decrease every one or two weeks seems the way to go. You should tailor the dose and time periods to how you feel physically/mentally. If you haven't asked your doctors advice yet, this would really be the best way to go, to stay safe & healthy.

nenag 9 May 2013

Ok, I cut my dose in half and I am getting dizzy spells. I'm scheduled to see my PDR today.

Delila 9 May 2013

Hi, it isn't the best idea to manipulate your medication, especially if it is a prolonged/extended release, what type of tablets have you been prescribed? It is better to ask your doctor to prescribe lower dose tablets

Dear nenag,
The best SAFE way is to titrate down under the supervision of a medical professional. Incorrect withdrawal from Wellbutrin can have serious consequences, including the onset of seizures that remain for life. Don't try to do something like this using advice from a website, even a good one like this. Please get some help.
Good luck to you.
Frenchie

Delila 10 May 2013

Hi, i was told that it is very unusual to have problems when discontinuing Wellbutrin, that very rarely people have side effects. Do you think I was given the wrong information? Reading you comment surprised me. I'd be grateful if you wouldn't mind letting me know? Thanks, D

nenag 24 Jun 2013

Hi Delilah, I went to see a different PDR last week and he told me that i can just stop taking the 150mg dose. That i shouldnt have any side effects. He also increased my lexapro from 20 mg to 30 mg and wanted to see me in 3 weeks. So far the only side effect i have is sleepiness but i think that is due to the lexapro and not the wellbutrin :)