Best substitute for carvedilol?

Carvedilol is the generic form of Coreg and I don't think there is a substitute for it. It helps correct your heart beat or rather helps you maintain a regular heart beat. It is both an alpha and beta blocker and gives the best survival rate following a heart attack. It's used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure.

11 days ago

I have been told by other heart patience that even though Coreg and Carvedilol are the same drug, only Carvedilol is the cheaper generic, that there is a noticed difference in some people and how it reacts in their body. This is a question better posed to your heart doctor because it really depends on Why it was given to you in the first place. It was for CHF due to an enlarged left ventricle and irregular heartbeat and unstable blood pressure. It is a very serious drug to be on.