SNAP 4Dx Plus Test KitThis page contains information on SNAP 4Dx Plus Test Kit for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- SNAP 4Dx Plus Test Kit Indications
- Warnings and cautions for SNAP 4Dx Plus Test Kit
- Direction and dosage information for SNAP 4Dx Plus Test Kit
SNAP 4Dx Plus Test KitThis treatment applies to the following species:
Canine Heartworm Antigen-Anaplasma Phagocytophilum-Platys-Borrelia Burgdorferi-Ehrlichia Canis-Ewingii Antibody Test Kit
For veterinary use only.
SNAP* 4DX* Plus
In vitro diagnostics for the detection of Dirofilaria immitis antigen, antibody to Anaplasma phagocytophilum, antibody to Anaplasma platys, antibody to Borrelia burgdoferi, antibody to Ehrilichia canis and antibody to Ehrlichia ewingii in canine serum, plasma or whole blood.
Precautions And Warnings
- All wastes should be properly decontaminated prior to disposal.
- Do not mix components from kits with different serial numbers.
- Do not use a SNAP device that has been activated prior to the addition of sample.
- Male-only heartworm infections typically produce antigen levels that are below the detection capability of this antigen test.
- Store at 2-8°C until expiration date.
- SNAP devices and reagents can be stored at room temperature 18-25°C for 90 days or until the expiration date, whichever occurs first.
- After SNAP devices and reagents are removed from 2-8°C for more than 24 hours, the expiration date is 90 days or the printed expiration date, whichever occurs first. If the 90-day expiration date occurs prior to the printed expiration date, record the new date in the space provided on the kit.
1 bottle Anti-D. immitis/Anaplasma spp./B. burgdorferi/E. canis/E. ewingii: HRPO conjugate (Preserved with gentamicin and Kathon)
5, 15 or 30
Reagents contained in each device:
Wash Solution (preserved with Kathon)
Other Components: transfer pipettes, sample tubes and reagent rack
- Samples must be at room temperature 18-25°C before beginning the test procedure.
- Serum, plasma or anti-coagulated whole blood (eg. EDTA, heparin), either fresh or stored at 2-8°C for up to one week, can be used.
- For longer storage, serum or plasma can be frozen (-20°C or colder) and then recentrifuged before use.
- Hemolyzed or lypemic samples will not affect results.
1. If stored in a refrigerator, allow all components to equilibrate at room temperature 18-25°C for 30 minutes before use. Do not heat.
2. Using the pipette provided, dispense 3 drops of sample into a new sample tube.
3. Holding the bottle vertical, add 4 drops of conjugate to the sample tube.
4. Cap the sample tube and mix it thoroughly by inverting tube 3-5 times.
5. Place the device on a horizontal surface. Add the entire contents of the sample tube to the sample well, being careful not to splash the contents outside of the sample well.
The sample will flow across the result window, reaching the activation circle in 30-60 seconds. Some sample may remain in the sample well.
6. When color FIRST appears in the activation circle, push the activator firmly until it is flush with the device body.
Note: Some samples may not flow to the activation circle within 60 seconds, and, therefore, the circle may not turn color. In this case, press the activator button after the sample has flowed across the result window.
7. Read the test result at 8 minutes.
Note: The positive control may develop sooner, but results are not complete until 8 minutes.
Interpreting The Test Results
Any color development in the sample spots indicates the presence of Dirofilaria immitis antigen, A. phagocytophilum antibody, A. platys antibody, B. burgdorferi antibody, E. canis antibody or E. ewingii antibody in the sample.
- The A. phagocytophilum/A. platys spot cannot differentiate between the two species: a positive result indicates presence of antibodies to A. phagocytophilum and/or A. platys.
- The E. canis/E. ewingii spot cannot differentiate between the two species: a positive result indicates presence of antibodies to E. canis and/or E. ewingii.
Only positive control spot develops color.
- Background-If the sample is allowed to flow past the activation circle, background color may result. Some background color is normal. However, if colored background obscures the test result, repeat the test.
- No Color Development-If the positive control does not develop color, repeat the test.
Idexx Snapshot Dx* Analyzer
Test results can also be read using the SNAPshot Dx* Analyzer. A complete description of how to enter patient data and read test results using the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer can be found in the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer Operator’s Guide.
Borrelia burgdorferi Vaccine Cross-Reactivity-The Borrelia burgdorferi assay detects antibodies induced as a result of natural infection with the organism and not following immunization with the following vaccines:
Recombitek® Lyme, LymeVax®, and Galaxy® Lyme and Nobivac® Lyme.
Recombitek is a registered trademark of Merial, Inc. LymeVax is a registered trademark of Pfizer, Inc, Galaxy and Nobivac are registered trademarks of Merck Animal Health.
IDEXX Technical Support
USA/Canada 1 800 248 2483
Europe 00800 1234 3399
Australia 1300 44 33 99
U.S. Vet. License No. 313
Product Code: 5P21.00
*SNAP, SNAPshot Dx and 4Dx are trademarks or registered trademarks of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Patent information: idexx.com/patents.
© 2013 IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
IDEXX LABORATORIES, One IDEXX Drive, Westbrook, Maine 04092 USA
NAC No.: 1116071.3
ONE IDEXX DRIVE, WESTBROOK, ME, 04092
|Pet Diagnostics/Order Desk:||800-248-2483|
|Poultry/Livestock Order Desk:||800-943-3999|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the SNAP 4Dx Plus Test Kit information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-12-23