CAV-VacThis page contains information on CAV-Vac for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- CAV-Vac Indications
- Warnings and cautions for CAV-Vac
- Direction and dosage information for CAV-Vac
CAV-VacThis treatment applies to the following species:
READ IN FULL
CHICKEN ANEMIA VIRUS VACCINE
Modified Live Virus
Wing Web Stick Route
This vaccine is a live virus vaccine, prepared from a modified U.S. field isolate. The vaccine is produced using specific pathogen free (SPF) substrates, and contains live chicken anemia vaccine virus suspended in wing web diluent.
CAV-Vac Indications For Use
This vaccine is recommended for healthy breeder chickens 10 to 12 weeks of age via wing-web administration to provide maternal antibodies to progeny to aid in the prevention of chicken infectious anemia due to chicken infectious anemia virus.
WARNING: USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN CHICKENS YOUNGER THAN THREE WEEKS OF AGE MAY CAUSE CLINICAL SIGNS OF CHICKEN ANEMIA. DO NOT VACCINATE BREEDER CHICKENS IN LAY.
Preparation Of Vaccine
DO NOT OPEN THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER OPENING.
1. SHAKE WELL
2. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vaccine vial. Vaccine is now ready for use.
For Chickens from 10 to 12 Weeks of Age
1. Vaccine is applied to the web of the wing. Use the enclosed two-pronged applicator.
2. A dose of 0.01 mL should be administered to each bird by dipping the applicator in the vaccine mixture, allowing the applicator grooves to fill with liquid, and stabbing the webbed portion of the wing from beneath. Avoid feathered areas of the web.
3. Periodically during use, re-insert stopper and shake vaccine well.
1. Do not vaccinate chickens in lay. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
2. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS. Although disease may not be evident, concurrent disease conditions may cause complications or reduce immunity.
3. All susceptible chickens on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time.
4. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination.
5. Do not spill or splash the vaccine.
6. Do not use less than one dose per bird.
7. Use entire contents when first opened.
8. Burn containers and all unused contents.
9. This vaccine contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
10. Following vaccination, virus may be shed in the feces. Thus, care should be taken to avoid spread of the vaccine virus to young chickens or to unexposed chickens in lay.
11. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573 (U.S) or 1-888-306-0069 (Canada).
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
10 x 1,000 Doses
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable local and federal laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE BETWEEN 2 AND 7°C (35 AND 45°F)
THIS PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE
INTERVET INC., Omaha, NE 68103 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
Distributed in Canada by Intervet Canada Corp.
NAC No.: 10473132
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the CAV-Vac information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-03-21