Bio-Cox 120G Plus (Canada)This page contains information on Bio-Cox 120G Plus for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bio-Cox 120G Plus Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bio-Cox 120G Plus
- Direction and dosage information for Bio-Cox 120G Plus
Bio-Cox 120G PlusThis treatment applies to the following species:
Contains micro tracer for safer use.
Salinomycin Sodium Medicating Premix
For Feed Manufacturing Use Only
Each kg contains 120 g (12%) of salinomycin sodium in a carrier suitable for incorporation in feed.
FOR USE IN BROILER CHICKEN FEED ONLY
Indication: As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria acervulina, E. mitis, E. necatrix, E. maxima, E. tenella and E. brunetti in broiler chickens.
IMPORTANT: MUST BE THOROUGHLY MIXED IN FEED BEFORE USE
Thoroughly mix 0.5 kg of BIO-COX® 120G Premix with 999.5 kg of complete feed to obtain a medicated feed with a salinomycin sodium concentration of 0.0060% (60 mg/kg). The medicated feed can be prepared in the form of meal or pellets.
The medicated feed is to be fed continuously as the sole ration up to marketing.
Do not feed to replacement, laying or breeding chickens.
Operators handling the concentrated product should wear a face mask, gloves, and protective clothing.
Keep this drug out of the reach of children.
Bio-Cox 120G Plus Caution
1. Do not allow dogs, horses or turkeys access to this drug. It is known to be toxic to these species. Extra care should be taken to avoid contamination of feeds for these animals.
2. A weight gain reduction may occur in cockerels fed this drug in the absence of coccidial exposure.
3. Do not administer tiamulin to birds receiving this drug.
4. Do not use in feeds containing pellet-binding agents.
5. Do not use this drug for the treatment of coccidiosis.
6. Consult a veterinarian or poultry pathologist if losses exceed 0.5% in a 2 day period.
Store in a dry place at room temperature.
® Reg. Trademark used under license
ALPHARMA CANADA CORPORATION, 6950 Creditview Road, Mississauga, ON L5N 0A6
NAC No.: 11870163
Distributed by ZOETIS CANADA
17,300 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9J 2M5
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bio-Cox 120G Plus information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-04-11