Betadine Surgical ScrubThis page contains information on Betadine Surgical Scrub for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Betadine Surgical Scrub Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Betadine Surgical Scrub
- Direction and dosage information for Betadine Surgical Scrub
Betadine Surgical ScrubThis treatment applies to the following species:
ANTISEPTIC SUDSING SKIN CLEANSER
External Use Only
For Professional and Hospital Veterinary Use Only
A Microbicidal Cleanser...
- For the Veterinarian: Pre- and post-operative scrubbing and washing.
- For the Animal: Pre-operative prepping.
Povidone-iodine, 7.5% - (0.75% available iodine)
- for preparation of the skin prior to surgery
- helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection
- for handwashing to reduce bacteria on the skin
- significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
For external use only
Do not use this product
- in the eyes
- on food-producing animals
When using this product
- prolonged exposure to wet solution may cause irritation or, rarely, severe skin reactions
- in pre-operative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the animal
Stop use and ask a doctor or veterinarian
- if irritation and redness develop
- in rare instances of local irritation or sensitivity
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
A. Surgical hand scrub:
- wet hands with water
- spread about 5 cc (1 teaspoonful) of Scrub over both hands and forearms
- without adding more water, scrub thoroughly for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes
- use a sponge if desired. Clean thoroughly under fingernails
- add a little water and develop copious suds. Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- repeat the entire procedure using another 5 cc of Scrub
B. Antiseptic hand wash:
- wet hands with water and pour about 5 cc of Scrub on hands
- rub hands vigorously together for at least 15 seconds, covering all surfaces
- rinse and dry with a disposable towel
C. Pre-operative skin preparation:
- after the surgical area is clipped, wet it with water
- apply Scrub (1 cc is sufficient to cover an area of 20-30 square inches), develop lather - and scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes
- rinse off using sterile gauze saturated with water
- the area may then be painted with Betadine Solution Veterinary and allowed to dry
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°)
- store in original container
ammonium nonoxynol-4 sulfate, nonoxynol-9, purified water, sodium hydroxide
Questions? 1-888-726-7535 (8am-5pm, EST, Mon.-Fri.).
©2008, Purdue Products L.P.
Dist. by: Purdue Products L.P., Stamford, CT 06901-3431
16 fl oz (473 ml)
32 fl oz (946 ml)
NAC No.: 11370016
ONE STAMFORD FORUM, 201 TRESSER BLVD., STAMFORD, CT, 06901-3431
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Betadine Surgical Scrub information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-05-28