Advantage II Small CatThis page contains information on Advantage II Small Cat for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Advantage II Small Cat Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Advantage II Small Cat
- Direction and dosage information for Advantage II Small Cat
Advantage II Small CatThis treatment applies to the following species:
for catsManufacturer: Bayer Animal Health
Once-A-Month Topical Flea Prevention and Treatment for cats
For Use ONLY on Cats 8 Weeks and Older
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE.
For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea Infestations on Cats
● Kills all flea life stages
● Controls existing flea infestations on your cat and prevents further infestations
● Kills fleas within 12 hours of application
● Convenient, easy to apply topical solution
% By Weight
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
See below for First Aid and Precautionary Statements
HAZARDS TO HUMANS: Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling. Keep out of reach of children. Do not contaminate feed or food.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
For external use only. Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing cats. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for cats. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your cat is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
If your cat is experiencing an adverse event, contact your veterinarian and, call 1-800-422-9874.
If Swallowed: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
If In Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If On Skin: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
Hot Line Number
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For medical emergencies call 1-800-422-9874. For customer questions call 1-800-255-6826.
Note To Physician
Treat the patient symptomatically.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
HOW TO OPEN
1. Being careful not to cut close to the blister cavities, take scissors and cut off one section of the card containing a single tube.
2. Take the separated section, and cut into the blister cavity across the small side, close to the cap of the tube.
3. Peel off the foil, and take out the tube.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each tube.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Use only on cats and kittens. Do not use on other animals.
2. Remove one applicator tube from the package. See “HOW TO OPEN” section
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
6. Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents of the tube directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your cat’s eyes or mouth. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the cat licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product.
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
8. Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in cases of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every fourteen (14) days for kittens or once every seven (7) days for small and large cats. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on cats frequently may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) or flea bite hypersensitivity. Treatment of cats with Advantage® II for cats rapidly kills fleas and reduces the incidence of this condition.
Advantage II for cats kills the existing fleas on cats within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for four (4) weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
Fleas, eggs and larvae in the cat’s surroundings are killed following contact with an Advantage II for cats treated cat. Advantage II for cats provides multi-stage flea control effectively breaking all flea life-cycle stages for quick and lasting control of flea populations.
Advantage II for cats kills adult fleas quickly within 12 hours, inhibits the development of immature flea life stages and prevents them from reaching the biting adult stage.
Advantage II for cats is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Apply monthly treatments for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: Nonrefillable container.
If empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-422-9874 for disposal instructions.
Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division warrants that this material conforms to the chemical description on the label. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW, BAYER MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY, and no agent of Bayer is authorized to do so except in writing with a specific reference to this warranty. Any damages arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profits or values, etc.
Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division, P.O. Box 390, Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66201 USA
Bayer, the Bayer Cross and Advantage are registered trademarks of Bayer
© 2010 Bayer HealthCare LLC
Made in Germany
Advantage® II for cats is protected by the following U.S. patents: 6,232,328 and 6,001,858
ADVANTAGE II Kitten - For Cats 8 Weeks and Older and Weighing under 5 lbs.
EPA Est. No. 11556-DEU-1 EPA Reg. No. 11556-150
80130198 - Four 0.0078 fl oz (0.23 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II Small Cat - For Cats 8 Weeks and Older and Weighing 5 - 9 lbs.
EPA Est. No. 11556-DEU-1 EPA Reg. No. 11556-151
79143656 - Four 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
79143656 - Six 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II Large Cat - For Cats 8 Weeks and Older and Weighing Over 9 lbs.
EPA Est. No. 11556-DEU-1 EPA Reg. No. 11556-152
79147791 - Four 0.027 fl oz (0.8 mL) Tubes
79147791 - Six 0.027 fl oz (0.8 mL) Tubes
Regulations for product use are established by country. Information contained on this site pertains only to the United States of America, and is not intended to provide adequate information for product use. Before using or dispensing any product, read and carefully observe the label directions.
Animal Health Division
P.O. BOX 390, SHAWNEE MISSION, KS, 66201-0390
|Customer Service Tel.:||800-633-3796|
|Customer Service Fax:||800-344-4219|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Advantage II Small Cat information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-04-11