Calcium Phosphate Dibasic Anhydrous
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
What is Calcium Phosphate Dibasic Anhydrous?
Various calcium phosphates are used as diluents in the pharmaceutical industry. Diluents are added to pharmaceutical tablets or capsules to make the product large enough for swallowing and handling, and more stable.
Some calcium phosphate salts can be anhydrous, meaning the water has been removed from the salt form. Other calcium phosphates are termed dibasic, meaning they have two replaceable hydrogen atoms.
Calcium phosphate is on the FDA Generally Regarded as Safe List (GRAS). There is no evidence in the available information on calcium phopshate that demonstrates or suggests reasonable grounds to suspect a hazard to the public when they are used at levels that are now current or that might reasonably be expected in the future.
 Dave RH. Overview of pharmaceutical excipients used in tablets and capsules. Drug Topics (online). Advanstar. 10/24/2008 http://drugtopics.modernmedicine.com/drugtopics/Top+News/Overview-of-pharmaceutical-excipients-used-in-tabl/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/561047. Accessed 03/24/2012
Top Medications Containing Calcium Phosphate Dibasic Anhydrous
- Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Amlodipine Besylate 10 mg (Greenstone Limited)
- Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg (Greenstone Limited)
- Amlodipine Besylate 10 mg (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Clonidine Hydrochloride 0.1 mg (Qualitest Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg (IVAX Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Lisinopril 12.5 mg / 20 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc)
- Hydroxyzine 25 mg (Glenmark Generics Inc.)
- Lisinopril 10 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc)
- Lisinopril 20 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc)
- Lisinopril 5 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc)
- Lisinopril 40 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc)
- Lunesta 3 mg (Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Nitrofurantoin Monohydrate Macrocrystals 100 mg (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Paroxetine Hydrochloride 20 mg (Zydus Pharmaceuticals)
- Paroxetine Hydrochloride 20 mg (Aurobindo Pharma)
- Penicillin V Potassium 500 mg (Teva Pharmaceuticals USA)
- Viagra 100 mg (Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group)
- Vicodin 500 mg / 5 mg (Abbott Laboratories)
- Zolpidem Tartrate 10 mg (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.)