Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
How long does Xanax stay in your system?
    nakmachine is offline New Member

Default How long does Xanax stay in your system?

How long does xanax stay in your system, and is it detectable on urine tests? what about saliva tests?
    supreme320 likes this.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

7-10 days from a single use, and up to 30 days from regular usage. Yes it's detectable in urine and hair, but it's not always tested for.
    K.O. Oswald and roozie1 like this.

joetheking143 is offline New Member

How about if i was taking them for 5 days in a row and then stopped? then how long will my use of xanax show up in a urine screen?
    roozie1 likes this.

lyds is offline Member

I found this for you:

"The length of time any drug stays in your system will vary. In large part, it depends on your physiological makeup (e.g., your physical height, weight, your amount of body fat, your age, current state of health, whether or not you exercise mildly-aggressively-or at all). Whether or not you are undergoing any degree of stress (i.e., your "state of mind") at the time you ingest drugs can play a part as well.Still other considerations include your "frequency" of use (1x per day? 3-5x per day?), the "quantity" of drug you used each time, and the "length of time" (days? weeks? months?) of your consistent drug-use prior to your drug test. Even the quality ("potency") of the drug you ingest determines "how long" the drug is detectable in your system when your urine is analyzed (tested) at the lab."
    However, for most people, detectable levels (i.e., shows up as a "positive" in a laboratory drug test) of the following drugs stay in the body for these approximate periods of time:

Benzodiazepines (e.g., Ativan, Halcion, Librium, Rohypnol, Valium; Roofies, Tranks, Xanax), 2-3 days
    boggie man, Clamduster and J-Hart like this.
    Clean Date: 1-20-07

susieQ324 is offline New Member

That was an awesome answer to the question about how long drugs stay in your system. Thank you for taking the time to find that information, that was nice of you. Thanks again.

gunit96 is offline New Member

Question Took 50mg xanax, 90mg clonopin & 60mg of clonopin& 40mg clonopin

These were all spaced out within a day apart from each other, they were all taken all at once and I didn't get really that much of a feeling of anything of the drugs that I took. I have a severe anxiety disorder and panic attacks and yes I am an addict and I abuse benzo's especially xanax. So I need to know if I quit everything and NOT take anything for at least a month my receptor in my brain that activates your benzo euphoria feeling. I need some advice on how long to stay clean to get a desired effect from xanax again like I always used to in the past. Thank you very much, PLEASE help me ASAP! Thanks, Kevin.
    nan2687 likes this.

Default Killing yourself?

Just a thought--why not get clean and stay clean? You're flirting with death with the amount of depressants you take. Every time you take a benzo, you get a rebound anxiety--the more you take, the more and worse the anxiety. It's a merry-go-round to nowhere.

If you get clean for say 3 months, then take all those benzos at once, you'll die--which, I believe, is not the effect you're looking for.

Hope you think about this. Remember Mike Starr, who went back to the amounts he was used to, and offed himself. Benzos in those amounts are not your friends.
    boggie man and tokes like this.

Default Xanax half-life

Xanax has a very short half-life so it does not stay in your body for too long. Maybe 2 days maximum. Xanax as u know works very quickly and it leaves the body very quickly, and this is one of the reasons it is abused by alot of ppl. Drugs that act quickly and exit quickly have a higher addiction potential then drugs that slowly come on and leave the body slower. Valium is a drug that can be abused, but it is really an excellent benzo. b/c it has a very long half-life 50-200 hours depending upon the person's body, weight, metabolism etc.. and it really self tapers without u having to taper off of it unless u have been on it for a long period of time or have been taking it in higher doses. Valium in contrast to Xanax can stay in your body for well over a month, and Xanax is def. more potent than Valium. One 10mg Valium is equivalent to a standard 0.50 mg dose of Xanax. Anyway, I have rambled on a bit more, but to answer your question, yes, Xanax does not stay in your body that long at all (48 hours, unless u have been taking more over a shorter period of time then it can build up a little bit and stay in the body longer).
    Clamduster and bstein1284 like this.

Default u are lucky

Quote Originally Posted by gunit96 View Post
    These were all spaced out within a day apart from each other, they were all taken all at once and I didn't get really that much of a feeling of anything of the drugs that I took. I have a severe anxiety disorder and panic attacks and yes I am an addict and I abuse benzo's especially xanax. So I need to know if I quit everything and NOT take anything for at least a month my receptor in my brain that activates your benzo euphoria feeling. I need some advice on how long to stay clean to get a desired effect from xanax again like I always used to in the past. Thank you very much, PLEASE help me ASAP! Thanks, Kevin.
    U are lucky u are not dead!! That is alot of medication at very high doses and u are def. playing with your life. U have a very high tolerance obviously. If u quit cold turkey u will go into major withdrawals and that can kill u within itself. U need to taper off the Xanax or go see a doctor and tell them what is going on and have them taper u down and also down on the Klonopin as well. Xanax has a very short half-life so it does not stay in your body very long, but Kolonpin has a much longer half-life so it can take weeks to months depending on how much u are taking, and it sounds like u are taking alot. Please take care of yourself, and I do hope u get help quickly before it is too late.

Alabee is offline New Member

Default Be careful and realize this!

There are some people who just have naturally high tolerances to certain drugs and have to take large amounts to get any sort of effect from them and also in this type of case where you have built up your tolerance to the point where you can take extremely large amounts and have it not effect you then you need to stop taking them for a long time to get your tolerance to go back down but IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO REALIZE that after you have stopped for a long time say several months or even just one month your tolerance is going to be low so you can not start taking those large amounts right away again you will end up killing yourself because you don't have that tolerance you had for that drug. You will need to start low and only take a little bit to see how it effects you and judge how much you can take because if you just go straight back to taking those large amounts when you had a high tolerance when your tolerance is low again you will end up killing yourself because you are not ready to take such high levels again. So please keep this in mind if you decided to take a month or more off from these drugs that you can not go right back to doing such high levels take it easy at first and do just a tiny bit so you can find out where your tolerance level is or else you will just kill yourself!

Alabee is offline New Member

Default I should be ok shouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by primetimegrape View Post
    Xanax has a very short half-life so it does not stay in your body for too long. Maybe 2 days maximum. Xanax as u know works very quickly and it leaves the body very quickly, and this is one of the reasons it is abused by alot of ppl. Drugs that act quickly and exit quickly have a higher addiction potential then drugs that slowly come on and leave the body slower. Valium is a drug that can be abused, but it is really an excellent benzo. b/c it has a very long half-life 50-200 hours depending upon the person's body, weight, metabolism etc.. and it really self tapers without u having to taper off of it unless u have been on it for a long period of time or have been taking it in higher doses. Valium in contrast to Xanax can stay in your body for well over a month, and Xanax is def. more potent than Valium. One 10mg Valium is equivalent to a standard 0.50 mg dose of Xanax. Anyway, I have rambled on a bit more, but to answer your question, yes, Xanax does not stay in your body that long at all (48 hours, unless u have been taking more over a shorter period of time then it can build up a little bit and stay in the body longer).
    Thank you and all the others that have posted because I have to take a drug test to make sure that I am taking my prescriptions and not selling them and also so that I am not taking anything else but I have really bad anxiety problems but am not prescribed to any benzo's and ended up taking some adivan when I was having a panic attack so I wanted to know how long it will take for it to get out of my system so that I don't fail for having it in when I take my test. It looks like I will be fine with all the things everyone has been saying because my test is not for like 13 days from now and I don't plan on taking any more so I should be ok when I have to take my test right?

blip is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alabee View Post
    Thank you and all the others that have posted because I have to take a drug test to make sure that I am taking my prescriptions and not selling them and also so that I am not taking anything else but I have really bad anxiety problems but am not prescribed to any benzo's and ended up taking some adivan when I was having a panic attack so I wanted to know how long it will take for it to get out of my system so that I don't fail for having it in when I take my test. It looks like I will be fine with all the things everyone has been saying because my test is not for like 13 days from now and I don't plan on taking any more so I should be ok when I have to take my test right?
    Some people on here may get you fired or cost you a job. I am in recovery, and have been for almost 75 days now. I did receive versed IV when undergoing a procedure, but I tested positive for well over 60 days for benzo's. I was prescribed Xanax up until the last month before I got clean and then got switched over to Klonapin and, granted, I did take around 60 mg's in the week leading up to entering treatment... 60 days can happen. I promise and I am not a huge person. I work out 2-3 times a week, and I will find out tomorrow if they are officially out of my body or not. Good luck to you all, and I hope that you can learn to lead a productive, drug free life. Benzo's, while are appropriate on an as needed basis for certain disorders, are NOT something to mess with. You get hooked on them and can't find any you face a 33% chance of dying from a fatal seizure. No one told me that when I first started getting them prescribed. See a psych Dr and figure out how to deal with things rather than trying to find something to take to cope with things. You will have better and longer lasting results.

chaind is offline New Member

Some of these responses are retarded,if you have anxiety it is simply the fight or flight response that your body naturally has,example someone with say Gen. Anxiety with social. Components and you go into a social situation your body will react in that manner,say like sky diving you probably should have anxiety and fear of it,but those with aniexty/panic disorders have this happen to them without the extreme stimuli of previously mentioned statement -most likely if help is not seeked you are more suseptable to abusing a substance- I'm an addict in recovery with those exact example sstated. Cognitive behavioral therapy is a great way to cope if you can afford it.also there are antidepressants that help and non benzo drugs,stay clean get diagnosed,if prescribed a benzo take it like described the benzo withdrawal syndrome can be very dangerous from a drop to nothing from a high dose and or a long duration. Look take a Dr.s advice,some of the stuff I see on here gets me thinking I can't believe that people this stupid actually do exist.

trevor56 is offline Banned

That is quite useful information! I was thinking in a bit different way.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-24-2013 at 02:58 AM.

KlLLlN_TlME is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lyds View Post
    I found this for you:

"The length of time any drug stays in your system will vary. In large part, it depends on your physiological makeup (e.g., your physical height, weight, your amount of body fat, your age, current state of health, whether or not you exercise mildly-aggressively-or at all). Whether or not you are undergoing any degree of stress (i.e., your "state of mind") at the time you ingest drugs can play a part as well.Still other considerations include your "frequency" of use (1x per day? 3-5x per day?), the "quantity" of drug you used each time, and the "length of time" (days? weeks? months?) of your consistent drug-use prior to your drug test. Even the quality ("potency") of the drug you ingest determines "how long" the drug is detectable in your system when your urine is analyzed (tested) at the lab."
    However, for most people, detectable levels (i.e., shows up as a "positive" in a laboratory drug test) of the following drugs stay in the body for these approximate periods of time:

Benzodiazepines (e.g., Ativan, Halcion, Librium, Rohypnol, Valium; Roofies, Tranks, Xanax), 2-3 days
    This is incorrect, Rohypnol (Roofies) has an extremely short life at less than 24 hours. Which is why detection from its use in Date Rape is very difficult!

josyp2001 is offline New Member

Unhappy am takin .5mg of xanax as needed

Quote Originally Posted by chaind View Post
    Some of these responses are retarded,if you have anxiety it is simply the fight or flight response that your body naturally has,example someone with say Gen. Anxiety with social. Components and you go into a social situation your body will react in that manner,say like sky diving you probably should have anxiety and fear of it,but those with aniexty/panic disorders have this happen to them without the extreme stimuli of previously mentioned statement -most likely if help is not seeked you are more suseptable to abusing a substance- I'm an addict in recovery with those exact example sstated. Cognitive behavioral therapy is a great way to cope if you can afford it.also there are antidepressants that help and non benzo drugs,stay clean get diagnosed,if prescribed a benzo take it like described the benzo withdrawal syndrome can be very dangerous from a drop to nothing from a high dose and or a long duration. Look take a Dr.s advice,some of the stuff I see on here gets me thinking I can't believe that people this stupid actually do exist.

hi my name is josy n am currently takin .5mg of da genetic of xanax. i take it as needed. am bein very careful w/it b/c i just learned its addictited, therefore, i only take half of it. i have children n i do want to take care of myself so can u tell me if dis is in my system (urine) n for how long? can u tell me also if vastiril is gd or not plz respond to me
    tk u am a mother n am 37yrs old am i cry b/c am tired of havin dis anxiety

pharmaecopia is offline New Member

I didn't read all the replies but whoever said 7-10 days is wrong.

Benzos vary, however xanax is the shorted acting benzo and will be out of your urine in 48 hours as long as you didnt take like 30mg, which could be deadly. On a side note Valium and stay in your system for 2-3 weeks, not sure why, but it can, it has a very long half life, so if you get drug tested dont take valium.

dakotataylor2009 is offline New Member

Kevin,
    Iam a very young and have been on every pain med possible and and every depression med possible I got to the point were all the meds i was takin i wasnt getting anything out of them anymore. well what i did was I weened off my meds and got down to almost nothing and then i picked one like instead of pain meds and muscle relaxers i picked xanax now iam on a low does and Iam back to feeling something to help with the syphtoms. DO NOT STOP COOLED TURKEY to get a better hit cold turkey is the worst thing you will ever go through in your life ive tried it three times and it was horrible for every part of my body I dont know if you are doing thhis illegally or through a doctor if you have a doctor llet him help mine have been blessings for me so i hope i helped you and good luck with this

rnaodm is offline New Member

Actually You are wrong, I went a week and a half without xanax, before that i took them sparingly, once/twice a week, And my urine came up positive for benzos on a drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by pharmaecopia View Post
    I didn't read all the replies but whoever said 7-10 days is wrong.

Benzos vary, however xanax is the shorted acting benzo and will be out of your urine in 48 hours as long as you didnt take like 30mg, which could be deadly. On a side note Valium and stay in your system for 2-3 weeks, not sure why, but it can, it has a very long half life, so if you get drug tested dont take valium.

supreme320 is offline New Member

What about someone who has taken 14 bars over 2.5 weeks (28mg)?

They have a drug test in 6 weeks from that. Are they considered the "regular user" who could take up to 6 weeks to get it out if they only had a 2-week binge?

And since then the person has taken 4mg of xanax (they now have 4 weeks until their test). Are they in the clear for their drug screen?

Quote Originally Posted by supreme320 View Post
    What about someone who has taken 14 bars over 2.5 weeks (28mg)?

They have a drug test in 6 weeks from that. Are they considered the "regular user" who could take up to 6 weeks to get it out if they only had a 2-week binge?

And since then the person has taken 4mg of xanax (they now have 4 weeks until their test). Are they in the clear for their drug screen?
    Anyone with info on this? This board doesn't seem too active.

Thousands of views each day and no response?

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Because no one knows. All I can say is that xanax has a short half life of around 6-8 hrs. look it up on wikipedia or another source and figure it out. I'm not going to tell you exactly because I don't know, nor am I going to do so because this stuff is downright dangerous and you shouldnt' be taking it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Because no one knows. All I can say is that xanax has a short half life of around 6-8 hrs. look it up on wikipedia or another source and figure it out. I'm not going to tell you exactly because I don't know, nor am I going to do so because this stuff is downright dangerous and you shouldnt' be taking it anyway.
    Atleast it's an answer. So depending on that, no matter how much one takes it should be relatively short?

I'm just looking out for a friend. He had just a 3 week binge over 2 months. Should be clean in just a few days then right? He's not considered a regular user.

After talking to 4 legitimate pharmacists from Walgreens, they said it's impossible for it to last 6 weeks.

They said 5 days at most, no matter how much or how often.

So thanks drugs.com for nothing.

sporkonafork is offline New Member

drink plenty of water to detox yourself 8 8oz cup of water a day im taking only .25mg twice a day , any suggestions for xanax substitutes that are less dependant? , i dont want to take this stuff much longer.. ive read too many nightmare storys on here and i miss my lifestyle of what i could do last year and years before i cant do anymore (drink), ive taken 1/2 .50mg xanax 3x day for the last 7months ,i recently switched to 2x day,
    my doctor gave xanax to me because i had anxiety i may have a seizure i had a few seizures in past in 2004 2005

p.s i eat a small ammount of coriander several times a day as well , its a safe natural way anti-convulsion treatment i also take 1/2 teaspoon epsom salt with water & 1/2 teaspoon baking soda with water,drink grape juice, all of those work very well to avoid seizures . google that, it works!! i also make and drink cinnoman tea occasionally & chamomille tea it relaxes me & it does not interact bad with xanax,

i hope i helped someone here with that information,
    god bless
    Last edited by sporkonafork; 10-14-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: need to add additional info

jzdrugs is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by supreme320 View Post
    After talking to 4 legitimate pharmacists from Walgreens, they said it's impossible for it to last 6 weeks.

They said 5 days at most, no matter how much or how often.

So thanks drugs.com for nothing.
    This is always amusing to me, have they taken the test? Same as the Doctor that said no, bagels with poppy seeds will not make you test postive for opiates. Oppps, the guy tested positive !

This not very complicated, check more than one source, there are lots of time lines for benzos in the system, in urine, in blood, in hair. It all depends on how many times you take it, how much you take, your body weight and metabolism and other factors, but for benzos, it can be from 1 week to 6 weeks. It can take forever to get out of your system in a urine test. I tested positive after 3 weeks and I took 10 pills for over 3 days.

So, if you never take it, then take a bar of xanax, its out in maybe 3-10 days. If you take a bunch, its more like 3 weeks or more and if you take it here and there on a regular basis, it could take up to 6 weeks ! I took quite a few for 3 days straight, waited 3 weeks and popped positive on urine test, so the benzos scare me on drug test. Be careful !

JZ

kc50 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jzdrugs View Post
    This is always amusing to me, have they taken the test? Same as the Doctor that said no, bagels with poppy seeds will not make you test postive for opiates. Oppps, the guy tested positive !

This not very complicated, check more than one source, there are lots of time lines for benzos in the system, in urine, in blood, in hair. It all depends on how many times you take it, how much you take, your body weight and metabolism and other factors, but for benzos, it can be from 1 week to 6 weeks. It can take forever to get out of your system in a urine test. I tested positive after 3 weeks and I took 10 pills for over 3 days.

So, if you never take it, then take a bar of xanax, its out in maybe 3-10 days. If you take a bunch, its more like 3 weeks or more and if you take it here and there on a regular basis, it could take up to 6 weeks ! I took quite a few for 3 days straight, waited 3 weeks and popped positive on urine test, so the benzos scare me on drug test. Be careful !

JZ
    I was in a rehab where someone got kicked for eating a poppy seed bagel and having it show up.

JZ
    Simply not true. Half life of xanax is 11 hrs. I'm overweight and did it on and off everyday for a month +.

Passed no problem.

AviEHaZe is offline New Member

JZ
    You exactly right.. anyone looking to know how long xanax stays in your system for a urine test would be wise to listen to that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast