Voltaren XR Dosage
Generic name: diclofenac sodium
Dosage form: tablet, film coated, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Voltaren XR safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Voltaren XR.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Carefully consider the potential benefits and risks of Voltaren®-XR (diclofenac sodium extended-release) tablets, USP and other treatment options before deciding to use Voltaren-XR. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals (see WARNINGS).
After observing the response to initial therapy with Voltaren-XR, the dose and frequency should be adjusted to suit an individual patient’s needs.
For the relief of osteoarthritis, the recommended dosage is 100 mg q.d.
For the relief of rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended dosage is 100 mg q.d. In the rare patient where Voltaren-XR 100 mg/day is unsatisfactory, the dose may be increased to 100 mg b.i.d. if the benefits outweigh the clinical risks of increased side effects.
Different formulations of diclofenac [Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets); Voltaren®-XR (diclofenac sodium extended-release) tablets, USP; Cataflam® (diclofenac potassium immediate-release tablets)] are not necessarily bioequivalent even if the milligram strength is the same.
- Voltaren-XR Side Effects
- Voltaren-XR Drug Interactions
- Cambia (diclofenac potassium) powder, for oral solution dosage information
- Cambia (diclofenac) consumer information
- Cataflam (diclofenac potassium) tablet, sugar coated dosage information
- Cataflam (diclofenac) consumer information
- Diclofenac dosage information
- Diclofenac consumer information
- Voltaren (diclofenac sodium) tablet, delayed release dosage information
- Voltaren (diclofenac) consumer information
- Zipsor (diclofenac potassium) capsule, liquid filled dosage information
- Zipsor (diclofenac) consumer information