Generic name: testosterone
Dosage form: gel
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Testim safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Testim.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended starting dose of Testim® is 5 g of gel (one tube) containing 50 mg of testosterone applied once daily (preferably in the morning) to clean, dry intact skin of the shoulders and/or upper arms (area of application should be limited to the area that will be covered by the patient’s short sleeve t-shirt). Morning serum testosterone levels should then be measured approximately 14 days after initiation of therapy to ensure proper serum testosterone levels are achieved. If the serum testosterone concentration is below the normal range, or if the desired clinical response is not achieved, the daily Testim® dose may be increased from 5 g (one tube) to 10 g (two tubes) as instructed by the physician.
Upon opening the tube the entire contents should be squeezed into the palm of the hand and immediately applied to the shoulders and/or upper arms (area of application should be limited to the area that will be covered by the patient’s short sleeve t-shirt). Application sites should be allowed to dry for a few minutes prior to dressing. Hands should be washed thoroughly with soap and water after Testim® has been applied.
In order to prevent transfer to another person, clothing should be worn to cover the application sites. If direct skin-to-skin contact with another person is anticipated, the application sites must be washed thoroughly with soap and water.
In order to maintain serum testosterone levels in the normal range, the sites of application should not be washed for at least two hours after application of Testim®.
Do not apply Testim® to the genitals or to the abdomen.
- Testim Side Effects
- Testim Drug Interactions
- Androderm (testosterone) patch dosage information
- AndroGel (testosterone) gel dosage information
- Androgel (testosterone) consumer information
- Axiron (testosterone) topical solution dosage information
- Axiron (testosterone) consumer information
- Bio-T-Gel (testosterone) consumer information
- Delatestryl (testosterone enanthate) injection, solution dosage information
- Depo-Testosterone (testosterone cypionate) injection, solution dosage information
- Fortesta (testosterone) consumer information
- Fortesta Gel (testosterone) topical gel, metered dosage information
- Striant (testosterone) Buccal Tablet dosage information
- Striant (testosterone) consumer information
- Testopel (testosterone) subcutaneous pellet dosage information
- Testosterone dosage information
- Testosterone consumer information
- Testosterone Cypionate injection, solution dosage information
- Testosterone Enanthate injection dosage information