Generic name: potassium chloride
Dosage form: tablet, film coated, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Klor-Con safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Klor-Con.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The usual dietary potassium intake by the average adult is 50 to 100 mEq per day. Potassium depletion sufficient to cause hypokalemia usually requires the loss of 200 mEq or more of potassium from the total body store.
Dosage must be adjusted to the individual needs of each patient. The dose for the prevention of hypokalemia is typically in the range of 20 mEq per day. Doses of 40-100 mEq per day or more are used for the treatment of potassium depletion. Dosage should be divided if more than 20 mEq per day is given such that no more than 20 mEq is given in a single dose.
Each Klor-Con® Extended-release Tablet provides 8 mEq or 10 mEq of potassium chloride.
Klor-Con® Extended-release Tablets should be taken with meals and with a glass of water or other liquid. This product should not be taken on an empty stomach because of its potential for gastric irritation (see WARNINGS).
NOTE: Klor-Con® Extended-release Tablets must be swallowed whole and never crushed, chewed, or sucked.
- Klor-Con Side Effects
- Klor-Con Drug Interactions
- Klor-con (potassium chloride) consumer information
- Epiklor (potassium chloride) powder, for oral solution dosage information
- K-Dur (potassium chloride) extended-release tablets dosage information
- K-dur (potassium chloride) consumer information
- K-Tab (potassium chloride) tablet, film coated, extended release dosage information
- Klor-Con Powder (potassium chloride) powder, for oral solution dosage information
- Klotrix (potassium chloride) tablets dosage information
- Micro-K (potassium chloride) capsule, extended release dosage information
- Potassium Chloride dosage information
- Potassium Chloride consumer information
- Slow-K (potassium chloride) extended-release tablets USP dosage information