Generic name: carbamazepine
Dosage form: capsule, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Equetro safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Equetro.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended initial dose of EQUETRO® is 400 mg/day given in divided doses, twice daily. The dose should be adjusted in 200 mg daily increments to achieve optimal clinical response. Doses higher than 1600 mg/day have not been studied.
Monitoring of blood levels (see PRECAUTIONS, Laboratory Tests) may be useful for verification of drug compliance, assessing safety, and determining the cause of toxicity, including when more than one medication is being used.
The EQUETRO® capsules may be opened and the beads sprinkled over food, such as a teaspoon of applesauce or other similar food products if this method of administration is preferred. EQUETRO® capsules or their contents should not be crushed or chewed. EQUETRO® can be taken with or without meals.
- Equetro Side Effects
- Equetro Drug Interactions
- Equetro (carbamazepine) consumer information
- Carbamazepine dosage information
- Carbamazepine consumer information
- Carbatrol (carbamazepine) capsule, extended release dosage information
- Epitol (carbamazepine) tablet dosage information
- Tegretol (carbamazepine) chewable tablets, tablets, extended release tablets and oral suspension dosage information
- Tegretol (carbamazepine) consumer information