Generic name: diatrizoate meglumine
Dosage form: Injection
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Cystografin safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Cystografin.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Preparation of the patient: Appropriate preparation is desirable for optimal results. A laxative the night before the examination and a low residue diet the day before the procedure are recommended.
Dosage: The dose for retrograde use in cystography and voiding cystourethrography ranges from 25 to 300 mL depending on the age of the patient and the degree of bladder irritability; amounts greater than 300 mL may be used if the bladder capacity allows. Best results are obtained when the bladder is filled with the contrast agent. If desired, the preparation may be diluted with sterile water or sterile saline as indicated in the table below.
Administration: After sterile catheterization, the bladder should be filled to capacity with Cystografin using a suitable sterile administration set. Care should be taken to avoid using excessive pressure. The presence of bladder discomfort or reflux and/or spontaneous voiding usually indicates that the bladder is full.
Radiography: The commonly employed radiographic techniques should be used. A scout film is recommended before the contrast agent is administered.
|USE DILUTED SOLUTIONS IMMEDIATELY|
|100 mL Bottle|
|Sterile Water or Sterile Saline Added||% Diatrizoate Meglumine w/v||% Organically Bound Iodine w/v||Total Volume|
|0 mL||30.0||14.1||100 mL|
|25 mL||24.0||11.3||125 mL|
|50 mL||20.0||9.4||150 mL|
|67 mL||18.0||8.5||167 mL|
|300 mL Bottle|
|Sterile Water or Sterile Saline Added|
|0 mL||30.0||14.1||300 mL|
|50 mL||25.7||12.1||350 mL|
- Cystografin Drug Interactions
- Gastrografin (diatrizoate meglumine and diatrizoate sodium) oral, rectal liquid dosage information
- Hypaque (diatrizoate sodium) Oral Powder dosage information
- Hypaque-76 (diatrizoate meglumine and diatrizoate sodium) Injection, USP 76% dosage information
- Reno-30 (diatrizoate meglumine) injection dosage information
- Reno-60 (diatrizoate meglumine) injection dosage information
- Reno-Dip (diatrizoate meglumine) Injection dosage information
- RenoCal-76 (diatrizoate meglumine and diatrizoate dodium) Injection USP dosage information
- Renografin-60 (diatrizoate meglumine and diatrizoate sodium) Injection dosage information