User Reviews for Sonata

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2014 1:23 AM
Review by freckleseckles (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: After years of not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep and after trying Lunesta and Ambien I was tired. Sonata works great for me and I don't wake up groggy or hung over. I feel great for the first time in my life. I have fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome and it is essential to get sleep. I feel refreshed and ready to go in the mornings.....love it. Thankful my doctor said to give it a try. Hope this helps.

February 15, 2014 12:53 AM
Review by Moorestown Lady: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: I don't have trouble falling asleep, but if I happen to wake up between the hours of 2:00 am and 4:00 am, for some reason I have a hard time falling back asleep. I give myself about 10 minutes, and if I am still awake I take one capsule. Seems like it works within 15 minutes and there is ZERO morning grogginess. It is a short acting medication so it really isn't designed to be taken right when you go to bed. Sometimes I will take a Sonata and then check my email while waiting for it to work----big mistake, as I write some very loopy, misspelled things which I have only the vaguest memory of doing.

July 8, 2013 11:35 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: I love it!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 19, 2013 8:52 PM
Review by elaborategoddess (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: It didn't help me fall asleep at all. I tried it one night and I didn't sleep the whole night, so I tried it again during the day since I hadn't slept at night no bueano. Made me cough and hack really bad and sinus, had chest pain the next day. I tried again one more night still no sleep.

September 20, 2012 4:45 AM
Review by katier138 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: I had an interesting experience on Sonata. I took it, but found myself unable to fall asleep. Instead, I spent several, say 7 hours, sitting in front of my vanity having a conversation with my numerous reflections in my one mirror. While there in reality was probably only one reflection, I saw three. Sometimes more. They all were very active, doing different things at the same time! I decided that one of them should cut their hair, and after some persuasion, they did. Well, to my great dismay, when I awoke, I looked in the mirror, and yes, my reflection had indeed cut her hair, but so had I! I had to go to school that day, my friends were rather astonished. Well...I had a hell of a time explaining it to my mom. When I shared the account of these events with my cousin, however, I was rather stunned by the fact that she had had the same experience!!!! She too, had cut her hair and spent hours conversing and sharing anecdotes with her multiple reflection-visitors. Although her conversation was interrupted by a vision of a dog-man, our stories were otherwise quite similar. After researching this medication thoroughly online, we thought that it could not just be coincidence that we both had such similar nights on Sonata, and we think these things should be listed as side affects, including, but not limited to hair cutting and mirror parties.

September 4, 2012 12:09 AM
Review by ludlow49 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: After trying a number of different things without much success, the zaleplon/Sonata is helping me go to sleep and staying asleep for up to 7 hours. When I wake, I'm refreshed and have no hangover whatsoever.

July 16, 2012 8:26 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: I did not like it. I tried it for 2 weeks and always woke up at 2.30 am or 3.00am then I couldn't go back to sleep.

May 9, 2012 9:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: This medicine did not make me sleepy at all. It made sexual urges come to the forefront so much that it affected my normal behavior.

March 28, 2012 7:56 PM
Review by hscolnik: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: Like Ambien, it's good for a solid four hours but then I wake up totally unable to go back to sleep without taking another dose. It's good if you only need help getting to sleep.

November 26, 2011 6:04 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: Finally, I no longer have to chose between falling asleep at night or being productive during the day. With Sonata, I can do both. The only drawback is that on rare occasions, the medication takes awhile to work.

April 2, 2010 1:09 AM

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: Nice to finally stay asleep

October 19, 2009 1:50 AM
Review by Ivan g: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: Falling asleep can be a bit of a challenge when my back and legs are cramping. Feels like a broom stick is constantly pushing hard on lower left side of back. This pill said take immediately before bed. It takes about 70 minutes for me to shut down after taking it. Other pills give aching shoulder and joints this one does not and no grogginess either. I can sleep through at least 6 hours after use and I appreciate the development of one medicine that works for me as I have tried many and they do not work well or have negative side effects.

October 17, 2009 12:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon): I took Tylenol PM for several years and then I started needing more help. I was not able to go to sleep and stay asleep. My doctor prescribed Sonata. It is mostly wonderful. My doctor prescribed 10 mg. If I take 10 mg, I have terrible nightmares. So I take 5 mg about an hour and a half before I go to bed. It does not work immediately on me. I also take 2 Tylenol PM tablets. Sonata helps me go to sleep and Tylenol PM helps me to stay asleep. Even if I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom, I usually don't have difficulty going back to sleep.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 14, 2009 11:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: This usually helps me get to sleep really well. It says to take it while you're already in bed but I don't find that it immediately knocks me out like Ambien did. The Sonata gets me to sleep and lets me wake up just fine in the morning. The only problem is if I wake up during the night and can't return to sleep and so sometimes I take an additional one to help get back to sleep.

October 7, 2008 8:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: I have severe chronic insomnia associated with FM/CFS. I have been unable to fall asleep or stay asleep for nearly 10 years. Tried many other medicines for sleep that didn't work or had unacceptable side effects. Sonata served me well for 5 years. Was taking 10 mg to get to sleep and then another 10mg to get back to sleep during the night. Our health insurer changed and they will only pay for 1 pill per night. My health and quality of life has deteriorated.

July 27, 2008 12:19 AM
Review by ->AlanJ: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: I use Ambien CR 12.5mg (strongest), and I still wake up at 3am. Can't take another Ambien. To avoid any risk associated with driving to work and then dealing with the drowsiness while at work, my doctor put me on Sonata. Even if I wake up at 3 or 4, I am able to enjoy the rest of my night in restful sleep with no morning drowsiness at all.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 28, 2008 12:56 AM
Review by duwa71: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: Amazing. Helps me fall asleep. I don't have a problem staying asleep, just getting in the mode to fall asleep. This medication is amazing. I do not feel loaded at all, I dont wake up groggy, I just lay my head on the pillow and Sonata does the rest.

June 25, 2008 8:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: I agree with both of the other posts. Sonata is very effective and you feel no drowsiness in the morning. Also, you are not so completely zonked out that you can't awaken if necessary. At first I took it only when I awakened at 2 or 3 am, but now I take it before bedtime and sleep (7 hours) until the next morning.

June 15, 2008 11:41 AM
Review by leland8: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: I asked the doctor about this medication. She hadn't even heard of it. I told her that I had some addictive past behavior and that I did not want anything that made me feel like I was sedated or loaded, just something that would help me go to sleep and stay asleep once laying down. This medication does exactly that. No grogginess in the morning, and no loaded, drugged feeling once taken. I have heard it is a hypnotic like ambien. Sonata is amazing.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 10, 2008 7:59 AM
Review by Apnea and shift work: User Rating:

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: I have Sleep Apnoea and was on rotating shift for 17 years. My doctor prescribed Ambien, which worked well, if I had 7-8 hours to devote to sleep. I do not take it every night. I do wakeup midway most nights. I was having a difficulty getting back to sleep. My doctor then prescribed Sonata for the times when I have less than 7 hours to sleep. I found it was effective and very mild. I can take with as little as an hour of sleep time available, with minimal side effects.

May 8, 2008 8:10 AM