User Reviews for Ursodiol

Also known as: Actigall, Urso, Urso DS, Urso Forte

Learn more about Ursodiol.

Biliary Cirrhosis 5 reviews 4 medications

9.6
Gallbladder Disease 2 reviews 5 medications

4.5
Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ursodiol reviews 7 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Ursodiol

For Gallbladder Disease: "When I started the medication I had some loose stool, then 11 days after taking it I started to have horrible pain in my hands. Then my biceps and wrists were hurting so bad. I stopped taking the medicine today so I will let you know what happens."

Anonymous January 31, 2012

Urso (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: "I've been taking urso for 6 years. My blood levels are now in check. Original biopsy showed stage 4-5 liver damage. Found when I had gall bladder removal surgery."

Anonymous August 10, 2009

Urso Forte (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: "I find Urso has helped me a lot. I do have loose bowels with it sometimes. I also found out if I skip a dose and take two Urso's at once, that's when I have a bowel movement problems. I quit doing that. I do know it's prolonging my life, for this I am thankful."

berdie March 5, 2009

For Gallbladder Disease: "Ursodiol has been keeping my Gall Bladder in check (excepton 01/01/2008). My prescription had run out 4 days prior but I still indulged in greasy pork chops. 3 hours later I was in the ER and nearly died. I had no pulse or blood pressure. Was touch-and-go for awhile. Worst New Years Day ever. Never to forget refills again."

kalawikimaui February 22, 2009

For Biliary Cirrhosis: "The medication seems to work, but it also seems to cause bothersome itching. However, you have to do it to get the GGT levels down."

Transplant November 27, 2008

Urso (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: "I was dx PBC-Stage 2 Feb 08 and started URSO. I was sent to Baylor a few weeks later and their tests indicated I had a negative AMA! They asked me to stop taking URSO to see if weight loss alone improves the condition. I was off URSO for 4 months and lost 25 lbs. My AMA count is higher now than ever, so I am going back on URSO this morning. It is very obvious to me that the URSO put my antibodies to sleep while I was on the drug. That is why my doctor put me back on it today."

Anonymous July 29, 2008

Urso (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: "I've been taking four Ursodiol tablets a day for many years. My liver enzymes have stayed normal. Biopsy showed Stage 1."

livlog June 25, 2008