User Reviews for Ursodiol

Also known as: Actigall, Urso, Urso DS, Urso Forte

Learn more about Ursodiol.

Biliary Cirrhosis 7 reviews 4 medications

9.5
Gallbladder Disease 3 reviews 5 medications

6.3
Summary of Ursodiol reviews 10 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Ursodiol

For Biliary Cirrhosis: "I am researching the reason for the steep increase in Ursodiol. I have Medicare Part D prescription coverage. Last year a 90 day supply of Ursodiol (300mg x 4/day) cost $218.xx for 3 months. That was with Health Spring insurance. This year I have Silverscript (CVS); they have increased the price to $839.xx for the same quantity) which is $280/mo. That is a 300% increase. Apparently, suppliers - Blue Cross and CVS - have increased the price just because they can. It is indicated on my receipt that the cost of the retail cost of the drug is $2,135 so Silverscript says it is saving me $432/month. Silverscript moved the drug from a Tier 4 last year to a Tier 5 this year. Can anyone give me an honest answer why? BC did the same thing."

jelam4763 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 12, 2016

For Biliary Cirrhosis: "Positive results, but what about the TREMENDOUS price increase over the past year and a half?"

Positive experience (taken for 10 years or more) September 10, 2015

For Gallbladder Disease: "I have taken Ursodiol since 2006. I had my gall bladder removed in 1988 but for some reason I started developing gall stones in my bile ducts. I had three surgeries to remove gall stones before I started taking Ursodiol. I have had no surgeries since 2006. My problem is the drug, which is a generic has skyrocketed in price. I use to pay $10.00, I now have to pay $180.00 for a 1 month supply. I quit taking the drug, I can't afford it. Does anyone know of any discounts that are available for this drug? I have insurance, the pharmacist said the reason the drug has gotten so high in price is because of Obamacare."

kitchennazi (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 11, 2015

For Gallbladder Disease: "When I started the medication I had some loose stool, then 11 days after taking it I started to have horrible pain in my hands. Then my biceps and wrists were hurting so bad. I stopped taking the medicine today so I will let you know what happens."

Anonymous January 31, 2012

Urso (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: "I've been taking urso for 6 years. My blood levels are now in check. Original biopsy showed stage 4-5 liver damage. Found when I had gall bladder removal surgery."

Anonymous August 10, 2009

Urso Forte (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: "I find Urso has helped me a lot. I do have loose bowels with it sometimes. I also found out if I skip a dose and take two Urso's at once, that's when I have a bowel movement problems. I quit doing that. I do know it's prolonging my life, for this I am thankful."

berdie March 5, 2009

For Gallbladder Disease: "Ursodiol has been keeping my Gall Bladder in check (excepton 01/01/2008). My prescription had run out 4 days prior but I still indulged in greasy pork chops. 3 hours later I was in the ER and nearly died. I had no pulse or blood pressure. Was touch-and-go for awhile. Worst New Years Day ever. Never to forget refills again."

kalawikimaui February 22, 2009

For Biliary Cirrhosis: "The medication seems to work, but it also seems to cause bothersome itching. However, you have to do it to get the GGT levels down."

Transplant November 27, 2008

Urso (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: "I was dx PBC-Stage 2 Feb 08 and started URSO. I was sent to Baylor a few weeks later and their tests indicated I had a negative AMA! They asked me to stop taking URSO to see if weight loss alone improves the condition. I was off URSO for 4 months and lost 25 lbs. My AMA count is higher now than ever, so I am going back on URSO this morning. It is very obvious to me that the URSO put my antibodies to sleep while I was on the drug. That is why my doctor put me back on it today."

Anonymous July 29, 2008

Urso (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: "I've been taking four Ursodiol tablets a day for many years. My liver enzymes have stayed normal. Biopsy showed Stage 1."

livlog June 25, 2008

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate