Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Ursodiol

Also known as: Actigall, Urso, Urso DS, Urso Forte

Learn more about Ursodiol.

Biliary Cirrhosis 5 reviews 4 medications

9.6
Gallbladder Disease 2 reviews 5 medications

4.5
Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ursodiol reviews 7 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Ursodiol

For Gallbladder Disease: When I started the medication I had some loose stool, then 11 days after taking it I started to have horrible pain in my hands. Then my biceps and wrists were hurting so bad. I stopped taking the medicine today so I will let you know what happens.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2012 5:49 PM

Urso (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: I've been taking urso for 6 years. My blood levels are now in check. Original biopsy showed stage 4-5 liver damage. Found when I had gall bladder removal surgery.

August 10, 2009 12:31 PM

Review by berdie:

Urso Forte (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: I find Urso has helped me a lot. I do have loose bowels with it sometimes. I also found out if I skip a dose and take two Urso's at once, that's when I have a bowel movement problems. I quit doing that. I do know it's prolonging my life, for this I am thankful.

March 5, 2009 11:42 PM

Review by kalawikimaui:

For Gallbladder Disease: Ursodiol has been keeping my Gall Bladder in check (excepton 01/01/2008). My prescription had run out 4 days prior but I still indulged in greasy pork chops. 3 hours later I was in the ER and nearly died. I had no pulse or blood pressure. Was touch-and-go for awhile. Worst New Years Day ever. Never to forget refills again.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2009 3:03 AM

Review by Transplant:

For Biliary Cirrhosis: The medication seems to work, but it also seems to cause bothersome itching. However, you have to do it to get the GGT levels down.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2008 7:26 AM

Urso (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: I was dx PBC-Stage 2 Feb 08 and started URSO. I was sent to Baylor a few weeks later and their tests indicated I had a negative AMA! They asked me to stop taking URSO to see if weight loss alone improves the condition. I was off URSO for 4 months and lost 25 lbs. My AMA count is higher now than ever, so I am going back on URSO this morning. It is very obvious to me that the URSO put my antibodies to sleep while I was on the drug. That is why my doctor put me back on it today.

July 29, 2008 9:09 AM

Review by livlog:

Urso (ursodiol) for Biliary Cirrhosis: I've been taking four Ursodiol tablets a day for many years. My liver enzymes have stayed normal. Biopsy showed Stage 1.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2008 4:16 PM