User Reviews for Sotalol Hydrochloride AF

Learn more about Sotalol Hydrochloride AF.

Atrial Fibrillation 4 reviews 34 medications

8.5
Atrial Flutter 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sotalol Hydrochloride AF reviews 4 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Sotalol Hydrochloride AF

Review by Jimmydew (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Atrial Fibrillation: I have had intermittent Atrial Fibrillation on and off for 30 years. Tried cardiac ablation in 2007, but didn't seem to help. I now take 120mg twice a day and it keeps it in check without side effects. Does not slow me down and I work out frequently and have great fitness. Tried lowering it to 60 or 80mg but then the AF came back. First tried Atenolol but did not like the side effects, it slowed me down and affected sex life. Sotalol slows my heart rate down to 50 beats resting, but does not slow me down in general. Have not had an AF episode in 18 months since going to 120mgs twice per day.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2013 12:22 PM

Review by Pat G.:

For Atrial Fibrillation: About 2 years ago when I was admitted to the hospital with a severe attack of atrial fibrillation, the Dr. put me on 80mg twice a day and this worked well until I had a severe attack and my dosage was increased to 120mg at night and 80 mg in the morning. This has worked excellent since them. I also have multiple health problems and take multiple medications and there has been no bad side effects from the sotalol.

January 19, 2013 2:15 PM

Review by bjdallas:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I had a pacemaker installed in December 2006 for a very slow heart rate but had constant Atrial fibrillation so the doctor started me on Sotalol in 2007. I did not notice any side effects and have not had an atrial fibrillation attack since then. I no longer worry about my heart and it beats nice and steady. For me it was a miracle! My sister tried it for her heart flutters and could not tolerate it so I guess it would depend on your condition.

December 16, 2011 9:40 PM

Review by Chaswick:

For Atrial Fibrillation: Was use by cardiologist in the hospital to correct my A-fib... but semi strenuous exercise sent me back into A-Fib a few times while on it. Was afraid to exercise... not good. Saw another Cardiologist and he prescribe Metoprolol Succinate. This baby works like a charm, haven't been in A-fib since and am working out harder than ever.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2010 1:34 PM