User Reviews for Sovaldi

Learn more about Sovaldi.

Reviews for Sovaldi to treat Hepatitis C

Review by brookie123:

I had Hep C genotype 2, and I am on week 9 of the 12 week treatment, and my labs came back last week and the hepatitis virus was not detected. The treatment is working! I tested negative for hep C! Wahoooooo! I repeat, the virus was NOT DETECTED in my bloodwork. Im taking Sovaldi and ribavirin, and the side effects for me, were manageable...headaches, fatigue, and that vague, flu-like ache in the joints but I am able to work 40 hours a week and I gladly suffer the mild to medium side effects, because I'm CURED. I'm CURED. The worst part about all this is my insurance only covers 80% of my extensive bloodwork/labs, so I'm on the hook around 1000$, so far, but I only pay 15 for doctors per visit, and 15 a month for meds.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2014 12:19 PM

Review by Blessedlysaved (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am a 52 year old female. After giving birth to my first son in 1982 I required blood due to complications from my sons birth, I was 21 years old. Last year around October, 2013 I went for a colonascopy because I had been feeling very tired and just a generalized sick feeling to the point of feeling like I was dying. I have been taking Enbrel for RA since 2002 and with all the side effects and warnings I was convinced I most probably had some form of cancer. I found out I had been infected with the Hep C virus when I received the blood transfusions in '82 and although I have a liver panel blood work up every three months since starting Enbrel my liver panels all came back normal. I started Olysio and Solvaldi, cleared virus in 27 days

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2014 1:32 AM

Review by Kathy x 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am 10 weeks into the 12 week treatment with interferon, ribavarin, and Sovaldi. This is my 2nd time around on treatment. My first was with interferon, ribavirin and Victrelis. I relapsed the first time and was very very ill during the entire 7 months. This treatment with Sovaldi is a cake walk. The side effects are so minimal compared to last time. I am ill, weak, have insomnia, bone pain and fever but I can do this for 12 weeks if it means a cure. I am so thankful for Sovaldi. I was very hesitant to start treatment again but I am so glad I did. My insurance covered some and Sovaldi covered the difference up to $5 per month. Thank you.

July 3, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by Larry C:

I've been on a Sovaldi, Interferon, and Ribiviran treatment for 5 weeks. My doctor says my viral load is ZERO! I still need to take it for 7 more weeks but I am EXTREMLY happy! Yes, I am wiped out, I can't work, but the reward is HUGE!

May 23, 2014 6:34 PM

Review by magicfrog (taken for less than 1 month):

I cannot rate the medicine yet. I am only taking it for 2 weeks, I am tired all the time and weak. I have cirrhosis and I am going into stage 4 Hep C which I believe is end stage. I will not stop taking it, but my wife is complaining that all I do is lay around and sleep. I mean I am exhausted. I am a business man of 70 years old and I always get up at 5AM and run until 9 or 10 pm. If this medicine knocks out the virus, I will take it for 6 to 8 months like the Dr. said. As far as having no side effects go, it may not be as bad as interferon, but it does have some side effects. They are tolerable. The worst part of taking Sovaldi is the cost.

May 14, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I take it with Olysio. 1 pill of each daily. I have had little to no side effects and it wiped out the viral load in 1 month.

April 26, 2014 8:39 AM