User Reviews for Sovaldi

Learn more about Sovaldi.

Sovaldi Review Summary

10.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C.

Reviews for Sovaldi to treat Hepatitis C

"I've read a lot of forums about the Sovaldi treatment but my experience after my 3rd week went south, difficult moving, loss of strength, vomiting, nausea, fatigue, no appetite, different muscle pains, back and side aches; at first I said this is a cake walk compare to the interferon. But I'm still thankful & had a clear test, one more month to go & I'm very grateful!"

Jeremy2911 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2015

"My mother has liver cirrhosis and had no option but liver transplant. After taking Sovaldi just 24 days, virus is in undetectable range. Million Thanks to GILEAD and Sofia MICHEL, its innovator."

mansoor667 June 11, 2015

"After 30 days of taking meds the hept.c is not showing up in my blood.I would recomend it to anyone."

jmbro June 10, 2015

"After 4 weeks on Solvaldi and Ribavarin, my viral load is "0", not detected! I'm due for my 8 week test and hope that it will reveal the same, and maybe only have to be on it for 12 weeks. No side effects whatsoever, in fact, I feel great!! Thank you~~"

Lady Aggie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2015

"I took Sovaldi with Ribavirin, I have to say this combination is FANTASTIC!!! I took the meds for three months, and I didn't experience ANY side effects- aside from a little drowsiness. Most of it is mental. I took the pills as directed, and just acted as if they were vitamins. My hep c was UNDETECTABLE after just one month- and my blood tests still remain that way... I am blessed to have found this medicine. I would recommend to ANYONE who wants to take this medication, to do so. Absolutely no reason not to! Good luck!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

"In 2001 had liver transplant. Still had Hep C. Received Sovaldi in a Giliead program only for Hep-C with transplant patients. Free. Cured. 8 months out. No side effects worth mention. Didn't miss a beat. Caught from transfusions, 1981, Discovered 1995, Transplant 2001, Cured 2014."

Gallagheeeer (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2015

"I had Hep C genotype 2, and I am on week 9 of the 12 week treatment, and my labs came back last week and the hepatitis virus was not detected. The treatment is working! I tested negative for hep C! Wahoooooo! I repeat, the virus was NOT DETECTED in my bloodwork. Im taking Sovaldi and ribavirin, and the side effects for me, were manageable...headaches, fatigue, and that vague, flu-like ache in the joints but I am able to work 40 hours a week and I gladly suffer the mild to medium side effects, because I'm CURED. I'm CURED. The worst part about all this is my insurance only covers 80% of my extensive bloodwork/labs, so I'm on the hook around 1000$, so far, but I only pay 15 for doctors per visit, and 15 a month for meds."

brookie123 August 31, 2014

"I am a 52 year old female. After giving birth to my first son in 1982 I required blood due to complications from my sons birth, I was 21 years old. Last year around October, 2013 I went for a colonascopy because I had been feeling very tired and just a generalized sick feeling to the point of feeling like I was dying. I have been taking Enbrel for RA since 2002 and with all the side effects and warnings I was convinced I most probably had some form of cancer. I found out I had been infected with the Hep C virus when I received the blood transfusions in '82 and although I have a liver panel blood work up every three months since starting Enbrel my liver panels all came back normal. I started Olysio and Solvaldi, cleared virus in 27 days"

Blessedlysaved (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2014

"I am 10 weeks into the 12 week treatment with interferon, ribavarin, and Sovaldi. This is my 2nd time around on treatment. My first was with interferon, ribavirin and Victrelis. I relapsed the first time and was very very ill during the entire 7 months. This treatment with Sovaldi is a cake walk. The side effects are so minimal compared to last time. I am ill, weak, have insomnia, bone pain and fever but I can do this for 12 weeks if it means a cure. I am so thankful for Sovaldi. I was very hesitant to start treatment again but I am so glad I did. My insurance covered some and Sovaldi covered the difference up to $5 per month. Thank you."

Kathy x 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2014

"I've been on a Sovaldi, Interferon, and Ribiviran treatment for 5 weeks. My doctor says my viral load is ZERO! I still need to take it for 7 more weeks but I am EXTREMLY happy! Yes, I am wiped out, I can't work, but the reward is HUGE!"

Larry C May 23, 2014

"I cannot rate the medicine yet. I am only taking it for 2 weeks, I am tired all the time and weak. I have cirrhosis and I am going into stage 4 Hep C which I believe is end stage. I will not stop taking it, but my wife is complaining that all I do is lay around and sleep. I mean I am exhausted. I am a business man of 70 years old and I always get up at 5AM and run until 9 or 10 pm. If this medicine knocks out the virus, I will take it for 6 to 8 months like the Dr. said. As far as having no side effects go, it may not be as bad as interferon, but it does have some side effects. They are tolerable. The worst part of taking Sovaldi is the cost. "

magicfrog (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2014

"I take it with Olysio. 1 pill of each daily. I have had little to no side effects and it wiped out the viral load in 1 month."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2014