Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Transderm-Scop.

Transderm-Scop review summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Transderm-Scop to treat Motion Sickness

Review by MotionSicknessSucks: User Rating:

This medicine is a Godsend. I suffer from SEVERE motion sickness (cars, planes, boats, trains, etc...) Bonine/Dramamine don't work for me at all. I tried the Scop patch and I couldn't believe it, no motion sickness! I was able to make it being a passenger in the car going down the entire pacific coast highway without even feeling slight nausea. If you know what that road is like, you know how crazy that road is for someone with motion sickness. Side effects were light, slight dry mouth, slight dilated pupils, not much drowsiness. Only negative is the withdrawal I had after using 3 patches one after the other, but that was easily controlled with Dramamine. A

November 15, 2013 9:07 PM
Review by VictoriaMP: User Rating:

First time I used the patch, I only started using it 2 hours before the flight and took it off as soon as I got to the place I was staying - about 11 hours. I was very sick for 2 weeks - nauseous and vomiting when in a vehicle. I was alright on the flight but not after I took off the patch. The second time I used it, my auntie who introduced me to the Transderm Scop patch told me I have to leave it on for 3 days and only take it off for shower and put it back on the same place making sure it's dry first. This time I was good. Never felt dizzy or nauseous after 3 days of using it. I never use the patch for more than 3 days and only use half of the patch as it is a small round one. Been using it 4 times since 2005 and it is a life saver

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 6, 2013 6:56 AM
Review by Polish Patty (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

My husband used the patch for the first time to a long plane ride to Vegas. He had put on a total of three patches for the duration of our trip there. Upon returning home, he removed the patch and within 24 hours became violently ill. Six days later he has lost ten pounds and gets out of bed only to go to the bathroom. I believe when this patch is dispensed the physician or pharmacy should red flag the drug as far as side affects go. My suggestion is to use with extreme caution.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 27, 2013 8:24 PM
Review by Father Blake (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

I get extreme motion sickness. Cannot even drive without making myself sick on occasion, while I am driving. So you can imagine when we go to Disney land with the kids I end up waiting for my kids to ride the rides. Until I was given a prescription for Transderm-Scop. This stuff works. I've been deep sea fishing, universal studios in Orlando to their roller coaster park, sailing and everything that normally I couldn't participate in doing with my kids and family. This definitely works. Changed my life and now I am able to experience all the Dunn with kids face to face - side by side.

May 19, 2013 11:43 AM
Review by Toni$ (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I was on small military ships for 5 yrs. Used Transderm Scop ALOT. By far, it's the most effective seasickness medicine that I encountered; I tried a great deal of those other medicines. With all powerful meds, however, come serious side effects. The worst is that it made me feel generally weird and depressed - I cringe when I think of putting a patch on. It gave me dry mouth and a bad after-taste. Lastly, it blurred my vision slightly. IF you time it right (put it on 4 hr before the heavy seas), you'll be seasick free. If you DON'T time it right (such as you exceed the 4 hr window b/c the heavy seas don't come rt away), you'll still have positive results, though not as effective. With it, I could concentrate and work well in any sea state.

March 23, 2013 9:20 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Works great for motion sickness. Much more effective than Dramamine or even Bonine, which was my OTC medicine of choice until I foung Transderm-Scop. I was in huge seas in the N. Pacific fishing and never felt a thing and felt 100% motion sickness proof. It does have some minor side effects for me like dry mouth and tiredness but you'll need to take a nap after getting back to port. All in all good though, much better than the horrible blood pressure meds that made me dizzy all the time.

February 7, 2013 12:04 PM
Review by worst motion sickness (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

I have only used the patch for flying. I have severe chronic motion sickness. I start to get nausea while picking up my prescription for my flight. Usually I combine a Valium or Xanax to ease the apprehension about possibly getting sick .If I don't take it early enough for my trip , its likely that I'll vomit on the way to the airport but after that I'm fine. Some of my problem is I self induce my condition since I worry about it. I remove the patch as soon as I land but I am wiped out for the rest of the day until I can sleep it off. Blurry vision lasts about a day and dry mouth about the same. Don't cut the patch in half for short trips...It will not work! I found out the hard way.

December 25, 2012 2:20 PM
Review by NeverAgain2012 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

My friend and I both used the patch to prevent motion sickness on our first cruise. By day 3 of the cruise, I had double vision, and could not even read the menu at dinner. I also began to get a horrible migraine, complete with flashes of light in my vision. I assumed the patch was wearing off, so I removed the old one and put on a new one. By the morning of day 4, we removed the patch after reading possible side effects on the box. My vision did not return to normal until day 6. I spoke with the doctors in the infirmary, and they said they often see this as a side effect to the medication. My friend experienced the same double vision, although hers began a day behind mine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2012 5:34 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Second time I have used, first was for a 3 day cruise this time for 5. I was OK while wearing it but a few hours after I took it off I got dizzy and very nauseated with blurred vision. Dramamine helped some. Next day I felt awful but ran a half Marathon and ended up in urgent care because I was so nauseated after and my arms were tingling. He gave me meclazine which has helped some but its still going in 4 days later. Hoping it ends soon.

October 16, 2012 1:33 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I wore this patch on a recent cruise and was so sea sick, that I could not enjoy myself. I also got sick on the plane ride home.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 1, 2012 2:31 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Wife used the patch, 2 or 3 of them, for an 8 day cruise. She had no sea sickness, but had bad withdrawals. 24 hrs after removing the patch she has nausea, vomiting, dizziness and blurred vision, absolutely miserable for her, and me too.

October 10, 2011 11:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I used this on my first cruise and it worked great. It was a week long cruise so I used two patches (each one lasts three days, and the last day was the travel home so I was no longer on ship). Like many others who have posted here, I had pretty bad side effects that came on almost exactly 24 hours after I removed the second patch -- mostly vertigo and nausea. They lasted 72 hours, the length of one patch dose. I have read that you should only use the patch for one dose, the first three days, long enough to tide you over until your body is used to the constant motion, and that the withdrawals only happen if you keep going past that first three days.

May 12, 2011 12:27 AM
Review by loop: User Rating:

Over the past two years I have used the patch 6 times. Well after my most recent experience I am going to resort to Dramanine again. Like others commenting here, I had many more side affects after using the patch on both ends of my trip. Dizziness, tired and vision issues. But my tipping point occurred 12 hours after applying this last patch. My 3 hour flight was great. No problems. I arrived home very late, slept for 3 hours and woke with the urge to pee 6 different times in 20 minutes. There was blood in my urine. And painful cramping. THEN remembered to remove the patch. I slept with no more symptoms and felt fine.

April 3, 2011 5:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Works great for motion sickness although it tends to affect vision if worn for numerous days.

February 19, 2011 10:58 PM
Review by yobuck: User Rating:

Used it on my 7 day cruise. Worked wonderfully during the cruise. No side effects and no nausea, even with 12 to 18 foot seas. About a day after I took the patch off, started having double/blurred vision and am extremely tired, even with 8 1/2 to 9 hours sleep. 4 days later and am still having blurred/double vision and still tired.

January 6, 2011 9:08 AM
Review by BECAREFUL1: User Rating:

I have used this medication for almost a year now. After about 6 months of use the medication began to not work as well as it once did. I want to caution anyone taking this medication to be very careful about changing the patches EXACTLY when you are supposed to. I was about 8 hours late changing my patch then put it on and got into my car to go to my destination. After driving about 25 minutes on an interstate I had to pull over and began violently throwing up. This vomiting lasted until I reached my destination which took about 2 hours due to the constant pulling over to vomit. Once I could remain still and not move the vomiting stopped but the nausea did not stop until 4 hours after taking the medication.

November 23, 2010 12:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I've had terrible motion sickness, and nothing has worked until I used this medication. It worked PERFECT the first few times. I took it everytime I traveled in a plane. However, I've noticed the more I use the patch, the worse the side effects have become. After using the patch, I now experience extremely dry throat/eyes/nose, blurred vision, and even nausea. Although it has successfully kept me from becoming sick while traveling up until this point, I'm not sure if this effect will always hold true.

August 31, 2010 6:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

The reason I'm giving it a 9 instead of 10 is because of it's side effects. Otherwise, this patch works really well for an overnight or two day fishing trip (at least in my experience). I thought I'm getting cold and feeling sick after I get off the fishing boat because my throat was getting dry and dryer and dryer. At that time I'm not aware that one of it's side effects was dry mouth/throat. Aside from that, I didn't feel anything anymore after couple of days. I'll use it again for my next fishing trip. I'll opt for a dry throat verses getting sick on the boat.

August 24, 2010 6:28 PM
Review by sccgc3178: User Rating:

I have used this medication for motion sickness on several occasions. It works great. I have suffered from motion sickness all of my life (now 50 years old) and this medication is great. I used it on a 7 day cruise and had horrible side effects after. I had to use some other motion sickness medication to calm the dizziness and hard to focus side effects. I tried this patch again and it did not seem to work. I will try it again soon on another cruise and hope it works. I too have tried many different remedies and nothing worked as good as the patch. I would use it again even with the side effects. That is nothing compared to having control of your senses during a cruise.

December 7, 2009 11:55 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This patch worked great on my cruise but I am still having side effects from the withdrawal 2 days later. The side effects are not fun.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2009 5:16 PM
Review by mmp: User Rating:

This patch is worlds above and beyond anything OTC. It's awesome and works wonderfully.

August 10, 2009 4:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I used this for my 8 day cruise, it is the only thing that has ever worked for me. The only problem I had was when I came home and took it off, 24hrs later I had horrible side effects (headache, stomach, dizzy). Bottom line I would do it again so that I could enjoy a motion sick free cruise vacation.

July 30, 2009 1:58 PM
Review by xmxxmx: User Rating:

I have tried every other system on the market. I seriously mean EVERYTHING. This is the only thing that works. I scuba dive every weekend April-December in the North Atlantic. Without this it would be a miserable experience. Only drawback is a dry mouth and occasional vision blurring.

June 16, 2009 5:33 PM
Review by Damned if you do, damned if you dont': User Rating:

Excellent drug for motion sickness. However, if you take it for a long period of time and then stop taking it, you will be nauseous for at least a week.

May 19, 2009 11:26 AM
Review by julsbh: User Rating:

I suffer from motion sickness and was prescribed this. I've used it twice now on weekend car trips and it works great. I didn't suffer any motions sickness symptoms. I look forward to trying it out at the amusement parks this summer as I haven't enjoyed them in years due to motion sickness.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate