User Reviews for Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Transderm-Scop.

Transderm-Scop Review Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Transderm-Scop to treat Motion Sickness

"This worked great for me. We went fishing on a small boat in the ocean for three days (going out each day) in some pretty choppy seas, and I never felt nauseous, nor did I get sleepy. I hate the drowsiness I get with Dramamine, so this was very welcomed. One patch lasted for all three days, so it was economic, too. The only challenge is ensuring the patch stays on during showers."

Tintinmilou July 8, 2015

"I have suffered from car sickness (all of my life) and vertigo and motion-sickness for about 10 years now. The last two are triggered by my seasonal allergies. :( Most OTC medicines make me sleepy, but the patch worked great on our 4 day cruise. I was not sick on the 5 hour drive to the ship either. I was even able to look over the balcony at the water!! It also did not make me tired and I plan to use it again on our upcoming cruise!! My husband used Dramamine and was not sick, but had to take a nap after each dosage. Due to his medications, he was not able to use the patch. My teenage son will be using the patch on his first cruise with us because he also suffers like me. I pray his results will be as great!!"

Works Great (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

"Overall, this is great for preventing motion sickness. I used it for a 5 day cruise and I didn't not get sick. I give this an 8 because it came with some pretty annoying side effects: severe cotton mouth, occasional drowsiness, and really blurred vision."

B116 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

"Have used this product several times. I use to get motion sickness while on even a row boat.. this stuff really did the trick for me"

keep trucking (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2015

"I applied Transdermal-Scop in the middle of the night anticipating a fishing trip in the AM. When I awoke in the morn., I was all sorts of dizzy, staggering, dry mouth and generally screwed up. Needless to say I did not fish. Instead I will use Bonine or Dramimine in the future"

Never again transderm May 20, 2015

"I was glad to read different experiences with this medication, observing side affects and negative reactions. I can't look at a boat, roller coaster, or backseat of a car without immediate nausea. I've used Transderm Scop patches on several occasions and they worked very well with no sign of motion sickness whatsoever. My side affects were mild compared to others--typical dry mouth, slight euphoria, mild giddiness, mild drowsiness. I was careful not to drink much alcohol and to leave the patch on for a day after the expired amount of time as not to shock my system. TS can be expensive. Has anyone used the generic brand(s)?"

NO MORE MOTION SICKNESS (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

"I took this for a 6 hour car ride followed up by two theme parks.I strongly suggest putting the patch on the night before you leave or at least four hours ahead of time.The side effects I experienced were extremely mild. The patch made me mildly euphoric, my eyes dilated & I got a mild head ache.I am 6ft tall & 150lbs, it only worked for two days for me instead of the three. The only negative side effects I had were short term memory loss,I kept asking the same questions over and over & dry mouth. I would not drive or use this if I was going alone somewhere. I recommend keeping it on for 1 or 2 days after you need it. Until your body regains it's equilibrium. I had no withdrawal symptoms."

Camanda J. March 17, 2015

"Used the patch while on a trip overseas, where I would be on a boat, and also being driven around. I get sea sick and car sick. This worked well for the most part, but had blurry vision and light sensitivity. I did have the patch fall off a few times while showering, and replaced them right away. I used this for a 14 day trip. I stopped after the area became irritated, on day 10, and the area is still slightly swollen."

cactusfeathers November 16, 2014

"This medicine is a Godsend. I suffer from SEVERE motion sickness (cars, planes, boats, trains, etc...) Bonine/Dramamine don't work for me at all. I tried the Scop patch and I couldn't believe it, no motion sickness! I was able to make it being a passenger in the car going down the entire pacific coast highway without even feeling slight nausea. If you know what that road is like, you know how crazy that road is for someone with motion sickness. Side effects were light, slight dry mouth, slight dilated pupils, not much drowsiness. Only negative is the withdrawal I had after using 3 patches one after the other, but that was easily controlled with Dramamine. A "

MotionSicknessSucks November 15, 2013

"First time I used the patch, I only started using it 2 hours before the flight and took it off as soon as I got to the place I was staying - about 11 hours. I was very sick for 2 weeks - nauseous and vomiting when in a vehicle. I was alright on the flight but not after I took off the patch. The second time I used it, my auntie who introduced me to the Transderm Scop patch told me I have to leave it on for 3 days and only take it off for shower and put it back on the same place making sure it's dry first. This time I was good. Never felt dizzy or nauseous after 3 days of using it. I never use the patch for more than 3 days and only use half of the patch as it is a small round one. Been using it 4 times since 2005 and it is a life saver"

VictoriaMP November 6, 2013

"My husband used the patch for the first time to a long plane ride to Vegas. He had put on a total of three patches for the duration of our trip there. Upon returning home, he removed the patch and within 24 hours became violently ill. Six days later he has lost ten pounds and gets out of bed only to go to the bathroom. I believe when this patch is dispensed the physician or pharmacy should red flag the drug as far as side affects go. My suggestion is to use with extreme caution."

Polish Patty (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2013

"I get extreme motion sickness. Cannot even drive without making myself sick on occasion, while I am driving. So you can imagine when we go to Disney land with the kids I end up waiting for my kids to ride the rides. Until I was given a prescription for Transderm-Scop. This stuff works. I've been deep sea fishing, universal studios in Orlando to their roller coaster park, sailing and everything that normally I couldn't participate in doing with my kids and family. This definitely works. Changed my life and now I am able to experience all the Dunn with kids face to face - side by side."

Father Blake (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2013

"I was on small military ships for 5 yrs. Used Transderm Scop ALOT. By far, it's the most effective seasickness medicine that I encountered; I tried a great deal of those other medicines. With all powerful meds, however, come serious side effects. The worst is that it made me feel generally weird and depressed - I cringe when I think of putting a patch on. It gave me dry mouth and a bad after-taste. Lastly, it blurred my vision slightly. IF you time it right (put it on 4 hr before the heavy seas), you'll be seasick free. If you DON'T time it right (such as you exceed the 4 hr window b/c the heavy seas don't come rt away), you'll still have positive results, though not as effective. With it, I could concentrate and work well in any sea state."

Toni$ (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2013

"Works great for motion sickness. Much more effective than Dramamine or even Bonine, which was my OTC medicine of choice until I foung Transderm-Scop. I was in huge seas in the N. Pacific fishing and never felt a thing and felt 100% motion sickness proof. It does have some minor side effects for me like dry mouth and tiredness but you'll need to take a nap after getting back to port. All in all good though, much better than the horrible blood pressure meds that made me dizzy all the time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2013

"I have only used the patch for flying. I have severe chronic motion sickness. I start to get nausea while picking up my prescription for my flight. Usually I combine a Valium or Xanax to ease the apprehension about possibly getting sick .If I don't take it early enough for my trip , its likely that I'll vomit on the way to the airport but after that I'm fine. Some of my problem is I self induce my condition since I worry about it. I remove the patch as soon as I land but I am wiped out for the rest of the day until I can sleep it off. Blurry vision lasts about a day and dry mouth about the same. Don't cut the patch in half for short trips...It will not work! I found out the hard way."

worst motion sickness (taken for 10 years or more) December 25, 2012

"My friend and I both used the patch to prevent motion sickness on our first cruise. By day 3 of the cruise, I had double vision, and could not even read the menu at dinner. I also began to get a horrible migraine, complete with flashes of light in my vision. I assumed the patch was wearing off, so I removed the old one and put on a new one. By the morning of day 4, we removed the patch after reading possible side effects on the box. My vision did not return to normal until day 6. I spoke with the doctors in the infirmary, and they said they often see this as a side effect to the medication. My friend experienced the same double vision, although hers began a day behind mine. "

NeverAgain2012 (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2012

"Second time I have used, first was for a 3 day cruise this time for 5. I was OK while wearing it but a few hours after I took it off I got dizzy and very nauseated with blurred vision. Dramamine helped some. Next day I felt awful but ran a half Marathon and ended up in urgent care because I was so nauseated after and my arms were tingling. He gave me meclazine which has helped some but its still going in 4 days later. Hoping it ends soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2012

"I wore this patch on a recent cruise and was so sea sick, that I could not enjoy myself. I also got sick on the plane ride home. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2012

"Wife used the patch, 2 or 3 of them, for an 8 day cruise. She had no sea sickness, but had bad withdrawals. 24 hrs after removing the patch she has nausea, vomiting, dizziness and blurred vision, absolutely miserable for her, and me too. "

Anonymous October 10, 2011

"I used this on my first cruise and it worked great. It was a week long cruise so I used two patches (each one lasts three days, and the last day was the travel home so I was no longer on ship). Like many others who have posted here, I had pretty bad side effects that came on almost exactly 24 hours after I removed the second patch -- mostly vertigo and nausea. They lasted 72 hours, the length of one patch dose. I have read that you should only use the patch for one dose, the first three days, long enough to tide you over until your body is used to the constant motion, and that the withdrawals only happen if you keep going past that first three days."

Anonymous May 12, 2011

"Over the past two years I have used the patch 6 times. Well after my most recent experience I am going to resort to Dramanine again. Like others commenting here, I had many more side affects after using the patch on both ends of my trip. Dizziness, tired and vision issues. But my tipping point occurred 12 hours after applying this last patch. My 3 hour flight was great. No problems. I arrived home very late, slept for 3 hours and woke with the urge to pee 6 different times in 20 minutes. There was blood in my urine. And painful cramping. THEN remembered to remove the patch. I slept with no more symptoms and felt fine. "

loop April 3, 2011

"Works great for motion sickness although it tends to affect vision if worn for numerous days."

Anonymous February 19, 2011

"Used it on my 7 day cruise. Worked wonderfully during the cruise. No side effects and no nausea, even with 12 to 18 foot seas. About a day after I took the patch off, started having double/blurred vision and am extremely tired, even with 8 1/2 to 9 hours sleep. 4 days later and am still having blurred/double vision and still tired. "

yobuck January 6, 2011

"I have used this medication for almost a year now. After about 6 months of use the medication began to not work as well as it once did. I want to caution anyone taking this medication to be very careful about changing the patches EXACTLY when you are supposed to. I was about 8 hours late changing my patch then put it on and got into my car to go to my destination. After driving about 25 minutes on an interstate I had to pull over and began violently throwing up. This vomiting lasted until I reached my destination which took about 2 hours due to the constant pulling over to vomit. Once I could remain still and not move the vomiting stopped but the nausea did not stop until 4 hours after taking the medication. "

BECAREFUL1 November 23, 2010

"I've had terrible motion sickness, and nothing has worked until I used this medication. It worked PERFECT the first few times. I took it everytime I traveled in a plane. However, I've noticed the more I use the patch, the worse the side effects have become. After using the patch, I now experience extremely dry throat/eyes/nose, blurred vision, and even nausea. Although it has successfully kept me from becoming sick while traveling up until this point, I'm not sure if this effect will always hold true."

Anonymous August 31, 2010