User Reviews for Altace

7.6
Left Ventricular Dysfunction 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Altace reviews 7 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Altace

For Heart Attack "9th anniversary of 5x bypass. Blood pressure was never high. Altace, began with 5mg in the morning, was feeling faint every time I stood up all day. Changed to 5mg before bed, faint if I got up to pee. Changed to 2.5 mg in the evening, OK till last night (9 years) difference was had the flu or something similar, had a high fever, night sweats, diarrhea, got up to go to the bathroom and found myself on the bedroom floor, no damage, fell into the dirty clothes basket, so the warning about excessive sweat or any loss of fluids, is a good one."

Sam of Newburyport February 1, 2013

For Heart Failure "I am 56 yrs old. Suffer from left ventricular dysfunction. I used Altace nearly 2 years. It makes me more relaxed and the heart calm."

amjad kareem May 8, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "I started on Altace for blood pressure of 145/90. Brought my BP down to 130's and 80's. During this period (2yrs) I had a cough that progressively got worse, to the point everyone thought I was catching a cold. I would cough everyday. By the end of the second year when I would cough I would gag and cough up clear liquid. I spoke to the doctor and she said "Oh no, your cough is not from this." Well I re-read the pharmacy papers and it was stated that a possible side effect of this medicine is a cough. I called the doctor and told her what I read, she agreed to change my prescription, within a couple of days my cough was gone. So if you have a persistent cough (dry or wet) on any medicines for more than a month please investigate the side effects."

dianaid April 16, 2011

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have used Altace for more than 5 years with excellent results and no side effects."

jimjk December 15, 2009

For Diabetic Kidney Disease "I'm a Type I diabetic with normal blood pressure and I take Altace as a preventative treatment for kidney disease. Side effects have not been an issue and I'm pleased with this medication. More diabetics need to be proactive and encourage their physicians to add ACE Inhibitors and statins to their treatment regime. I'm not just a diabetic, I'm also a scientist."

Anonymous October 3, 2009

For High Blood Pressure "I've been on Altace for 6 years. I carefully analyze if I've noticed any changes in any organ system, as well as any type of side effect that didn't exist before I was on this drug. I honestly have never noticed any kind of side effect at all from day one. More importantly, my blood pressure is now routinely around 110/70...sometimes slightly lower still. Considering that I take one 10mg capsule daily, and that my blood pressure was usually 145/85-95, the results are quite impressive."

Nyyfan January 8, 2009

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have used altace for 5 yrs now and have found it does have an affect on having or keeping an erection but my bp pretty much stays at 130/80"

frodo62 April 1, 2008

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate