User Reviews for Effient

Learn more about Effient.

Effient review summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 7 medications used in the treatment of Acute Coronary Syndrome.

Reviews for Effient to treat Acute Coronary Syndrome

Review by Krisncraig3:

Out of the clear blue on April 1st 2013 I woke-up feeling very tiered and having chest pain. I went to the hospital and found I was having a heart attack. I now have five stents in my heart. I have been taking Effient with little side effects. How ever I have gained 40lbs in the last 5 months. has anyone else had this problem?

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2013 5:15 PM

Review by ceriset:

Although I'm from a family with no heart disease, or very little, I was astonished to have two heart attacks - they are from the inflammation caused by Sjogren's Syndrome. Effient has been great and keeps me from having another heart attack, but the bleeding even from a pinhole cut can be extreme - the other day I bled for 12 hours. The blood was trying to coagulate but stayed jelly-like rather than clotting completely. I'm covered with bruises most of the time but I'm used to that. Just glad to be alive and be able to take these meds.

May 20, 2013 10:13 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

side effects back pain, tiredness, bruiseing, hoursness & bleeding.

September 24, 2012 8:59 PM

This has been good.

March 30, 2012 2:48 PM

I have acid reflux and Plavix is effected by Proton Pump Inhibitors since it has to be digested to be effective. Effient does not need this. This has really reduced my acid reflux distress.

October 29, 2011 1:57 PM

Review by Ohio49:

I was quite surprised to find myself having a heart attack at 49! Not being smart enough to ask for help, I drove myself to the hospital. Don't worry, everybody has already yelled at me enough for that stunt. Bottom line, I left the hospital with a brand new stent and a renewed interest in healthy living. I am taking the 10mg dose in the morning followed by an aspirin at night. It's been a full nine months now and I may have missed at most two doses Effient. Aside from bleeding far more than I used to, I have noticed zero side effects. Still do the Scoutmaster thing, still play softball with the Church team, still go hiking with my bride. Truthfully, the only side effect that bugs me is little cuts bleed.

August 29, 2011 11:04 AM

I have just completed a year of use of effient with no trouble except bruising some times lifting weights or aggressive exercise. I had two stints one on each side of my heart. Right side first fix with clots and 98 % blockage. Second long stint on left side 4 days later to fix for good. No real problems except prostrate went baseball size and I went on flomax. I was taking saw palmetto two plus gel caps a day before heart attack. Cold turkey or all the drugs in surgery and after may have brought on prostrate problem or exacerbation. All in all things are perfect now. Thanks.

April 4, 2011 10:29 PM

Switched from Plavix because of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) since Effient does not need conversion in the stomach. Regular antacids like Zantac did not control my GERD so I needed Proton Pump Inhibitor (Protonix) 2 times per day. Switch was uneventful and my GERD is under control.

December 14, 2010 12:29 PM