User Reviews for Nicorette

Learn more about Nicorette.

Nicorette Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Nicorette to treat Smoking Cessation

"helped me quit smooking...severely addicted to the gum...lost sex drive and massive erection problems...since i stopped the nicoret things are getting better !!! Took 110 gums per week for 10 years....big mistake....Hope to get back to normal soon !!!!"

Nico finitos July 11, 2015

"After two years of going off and on the nicotine patch I attempted cold turkey. 6 hours into my cold turney attempt my husband informed me he was going to mow the lawn, my completely uncalled for hyper emotional response was to burst into tears...needless to say, I didn't respond well to the cold turkey attempt. After complexity giving up the idea of quitting, my sister informed me that she was succeeding using nicotine gum, so I gave it a try-two weeks after starting I am smoke free and have zero doubt that I will succeed! The gum takes a few days to get used to. Make sure and read the directions and follow them to a T. You're not supposed to " chew" this gum like regular gum. If you do, it will make you nauseous and burn your throat."

Dontbringmehometomom May 15, 2015

"So far after 11 days I am doing well. Started with patch and gum . Patch 21mg and 4mg patch after a week both were just to strong stomach upset did not feel well. Stopped the patch and use gum as needed to curtail desire to smoke I will Win this time I have to quit"

Billmo02 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

"I smoked 1-1/2 packs of Cigarettes daily for 25+ years. I tried the patches, cold turkey, couldn't quit for long. I started using Nicorette gum 3-years ago and have been smoke free. I am still chewing the gum. 4-mg's multiple times daily. I told my Dr. I was still chewing the gum and was worried about the health effects. She told me studies have been done finding that nicotine in and of itself does not seem to cause significant harm. (I know, that seems strange to me too) Despite these findings she told me not to worry about the gum because smoking cigarettes with all the extra poisons in it is far worse for ones health. Especially in my case because I know I'd go back to smoking without the gum"

julvanv (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2015

"Experienced severe constipation and weak erection."

tshwaedi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2014

"Have been an on and off smoker for more than 30 years. Just started with the lozenges. They work fantastic. I only take them when I feel a craving coming on. I do not need 1 every 1-2 hours. Definitely give these a try. I had started my commitment the first of the year ... cold turkey. I was really having terrible cravings. I didn't want to fail at this so I purchased the lozenges. They are just enough to keep me from buying that pack of cigarettes. Day 19 ... smoke free and have saved approximately $54.00 so far."

CJeanroy January 19, 2014

"I have smoked for almost thirty years and I was able to quit with the gum. I started out by using the 4mg gum and chewing two pieces at a time but I finally got to the 2mg and I'm still chewing two pieces at a time. It's been 2 yrs now and now I'm losing my wife over this gum. My sex drive is gone. "

Anonymous November 20, 2011

"After 30 years of less than a pack a day I tried this gum (the patch, cold turkey, worked for a period of time) and I have to say it works well in that it eliminates the desire, quickly. I have limited my use to six pieces a day and I generally have the urge when I would normally take a break at work - really seems to take the craving away and I'm getting a lot more work done, for sure! Stick with it - I'm about to wean off (hopefully) using regular sugar-free gum as a substitute. Good luck!"

Anonymous November 8, 2011

"I had smoked for 35 years, average of 1 to 2 packs a day. I have tried the medications, the patch, gums, etc., many times through the years. Finally, a couple of years ago a friend offered me the Commit lozenges. I really wanted to quit this time, so I tried them. I was able to give up smoking. But, I continued to crave so I bought the gum and have alternated between the gum and lozenges every since. I don't want to go back to smoking and have yet to find anything that says how bad it is to continue the gum, so as long as I am not smoking and still want a cigarette every now and then, I will continue to chew the gum, as needed."

Anonymous July 12, 2011

"I smoked for almost 50 years. Started using the Nicorette minis 7 months ago. Have not had a cigarette since started using the minis. Tried patches, cold turkey, etc., but these really help. Like some of the other posters here, I seem to be hooked on the Nicorettes. Told my doctor but he didn't seem concerned, called the 800# on the insert for the Nicorettes and since they have not done studies for the FDA etc after the recommended 12 week period, they could not say if continued use was dangerous or not But would like to get off them too. However, do not want to start smoking again, so will just keep on using the minis. Wish me luck and same to all of you."

bobbijordan June 6, 2011