User Reviews for Nicorette

Learn more about Nicorette.

Nicorette review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Nicorette to treat Smoking Cessation

Review by tshwaedi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Experienced severe constipation and weak erection.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2014 1:22 PM

Review by CJeanroy:

Have been an on and off smoker for more than 30 years. Just started with the lozenges. They work fantastic. I only take them when I feel a craving coming on. I do not need 1 every 1-2 hours. Definitely give these a try. I had started my commitment the first of the year ... cold turkey. I was really having terrible cravings. I didn't want to fail at this so I purchased the lozenges. They are just enough to keep me from buying that pack of cigarettes. Day 19 ... smoke free and have saved approximately $54.00 so far.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2014 5:49 PM

I have smoked for almost thirty years and I was able to quit with the gum. I started out by using the 4mg gum and chewing two pieces at a time but I finally got to the 2mg and I'm still chewing two pieces at a time. It's been 2 yrs now and now I'm losing my wife over this gum. My sex drive is gone.

November 20, 2011 6:20 PM

After 30 years of less than a pack a day I tried this gum (the patch, cold turkey, worked for a period of time) and I have to say it works well in that it eliminates the desire, quickly. I have limited my use to six pieces a day and I generally have the urge when I would normally take a break at work - really seems to take the craving away and I'm getting a lot more work done, for sure! Stick with it - I'm about to wean off (hopefully) using regular sugar-free gum as a substitute. Good luck!

November 8, 2011 9:10 PM

I had smoked for 35 years, average of 1 to 2 packs a day. I have tried the medications, the patch, gums, etc., many times through the years. Finally, a couple of years ago a friend offered me the Commit lozenges. I really wanted to quit this time, so I tried them. I was able to give up smoking. But, I continued to crave so I bought the gum and have alternated between the gum and lozenges every since. I don't want to go back to smoking and have yet to find anything that says how bad it is to continue the gum, so as long as I am not smoking and still want a cigarette every now and then, I will continue to chew the gum, as needed.

July 12, 2011 5:29 PM

Review by bobbijordan:

I smoked for almost 50 years. Started using the Nicorette minis 7 months ago. Have not had a cigarette since started using the minis. Tried patches, cold turkey, etc., but these really help. Like some of the other posters here, I seem to be hooked on the Nicorettes. Told my doctor but he didn't seem concerned, called the 800# on the insert for the Nicorettes and since they have not done studies for the FDA etc after the recommended 12 week period, they could not say if continued use was dangerous or not But would like to get off them too. However, do not want to start smoking again, so will just keep on using the minis. Wish me luck and same to all of you.

June 6, 2011 11:10 AM