User Reviews for Clobex

Learn more about Clobex.

Clobex Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 228 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Clobex to treat Psoriasis

"The spray is amazing...only thing that will clear my scalp...Right now my scalp is in a mess because my insurance will not pay on it and it is $400 for a 4oz bottle...I can't afford that."

karenlynn58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2015

"Clobex for my skin. I can't say enough good things about this spray. I say "spray" because the ointment did nothing. The spray, for some reason is absolutely amazing. One place on my knee where the P wasn't removable with a jackhammer, magically cleared up 99% of the area in less than 1 week. My arms - my chest - EVERYTHING - it's gone. My Psoriasis is gone. I've gone through shampoos. NOW - if I stop using the spray for a week or longer, the symptoms return - but until a cure is found for Psoriasis - this medication is hands-down, the absolute best there is."

Wess (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2015

"After about a year with this, I went to see a doctor & I was just diagnosed with pustular psoriasis - palms of hands and bottom of feet only. Before seeing a doctor, I started juicing heavily - 200lbs (no, that's not a typo) of carrots in three weeks & added green juices to my regimen as well. My hands had completely cleared and my feet were almost completely clear. But because of another issue, I went to my doctor - and because of the then upcoming tests I backed off of my juicing completely. The psoriasis came back on my hands and feet. While I wasnt juicing, I figured I would find out what it was. Doc gave me the Clobex spray. For the immediate painful inflammation problems in my feet caused by the psoriasis, this stuff is AWESOME."

BeachLizard1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2014

"I used this medication as directed and it completely cleared up my psoriasis. However, I became extremely stressed. I didn't know why I felt this way until someone else who used it experienced the same. After stopping it my adrenal glands were fatigued and I suffered from depression. My psoriasis also returned. This is very potent and I advise anyone who wants to use it to use something more natural and more safe."

Anonymous March 20, 2014

"Clobex cleared up my psoriasis but it suppressed my adrenal glands which made me extremely stressed, anxious which led to depression. "

Anonymous February 25, 2014

"I love this stuff... I actually use a different medication for my body called Stelara and I love that product as well. But this is a good back up for special occasions when I want to let my hair down! I spray several days before the event and I am almost clear. I spray before bed and sleep with it in my hair and then around noonish I wash my hair! Also don't wear nail polish while applying, It will be like nail polish remover. Great product."

MrsNMcFarland (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2013

"I have been using Clobex spray for nearly 2 years. It is the best so far. My psoriasis is on my scalp, elbows and small spots here and there on my body. The Spray is the wonderful, real easy to use for applying to my scalp at odd angels."

lvodron January 6, 2013

"Clobex is the only thing that worked. Severe patches and redness went away in only days. Its expensive and is a very strong medicine, a little goes a long way."

headtripp March 29, 2012

"Had good redults form Clobex. However, after two years of using it my skin is starting to thin so I can not use it no more."

OneLast223 January 26, 2012

"I used Clobex this summer for itching and dry flakes in my scalp. I became sick with a bad cold and later turned to pneumonia. I was sick all summer long with trouble breathing and wheezing. I went to an ENT and a lung doctor. None of us could figure out what was causing the lung problem. After several months I was getting better with the breathing problems. Last week I used Clobex again because the itching scalp came back. Two days later I am having breathing problems. I put 2 and 2 together, read the side effects of Clobex and breathing problems and wheezing are the first side effects listed. All that suffering because I did not read the medical bulletins earlier."

Anonymous October 12, 2010

"I got this psoriasis when I was in my early 20's and I thought it was nothing because it started in my head. Itching and redness followed but still I ignored it not until it got bigger then I went to my doctor to get checked up. First, he doesn't know what kind of condition I have. He gave me a lot of things that made no effects on my skin. Bottom line was he didn't made me feel better until I discovered Clobex. I used the shampoo and spray in the same time but you need to be aware that over time any medications will not work. You need to take a break otherwise you will be immune to it or even worse. My skin cleared but after few months it came back so be careful using any medications."

702 September 27, 2010

"This medication calmed down the inflamation in psoriasis. I was so pleased with the results. After about two weeks of twice daily use, my skin appeared to be getting back to normal; however, I will be starting on Stelara because Humira was ineffective. I can see that all the psoriasis medications are individualized to each person."

Gwynie1 December 28, 2009

"I had a severe case of psoriasis at the base and outer areas of my hair line with severe itching and the Clobex lotion cleared it up in a week. I used a little on the affected area only."

Anonymous October 24, 2009

"I have had psoriasis for years and have treated it with cortisone to control the inflammations and itching. I discovered Clobex about a year ago and used it on my elbows and scalp. It does a great job in eliminating the external signs of psoriasis when used for 2 to 4 weeks. However, after about a month the symptoms return. I have used it a second and third time with the same results but I am hesitant to continue this process considering the warnings provided."

Anonymous September 21, 2009

"I have had moderate and sometimes severe plaque and guttate psoriasis for 16 years, using clobetasol (clobex) for 14. Clobex is the only thing that can eliminate my psoriasis almost completely. It is a very effective drug, but I feel I really should warn people of the devastating effects that can occur if the drug is applied continuously. When using clobex or any other strong topical corticosteroid, you are supposed to use it for no more than 2 weeks, then take a break I believe should be between 2 and 3 weeks. I made the mistake of not doing that. I used it continuously because I wanted to be clear. Now, my skin is paper thin. Nearly every vein is visible, and I break blood vessels constantly, and I have stretch marks everywhere."

Anonymous March 19, 2009

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I got psoriasis in March after a strep infection. I probably had 1,000 spots on my legs, a few spots on my scalp and arms and chest, but my legs were horrible. My doctor gave me some samples of Clobex spray and after 1 week my Psoriasis is 80% gone. He said I need to go in a mega tan bed for 15 minutes and take 8,000 IU of Vitamin D3 and take zinc, so doing all that I am so thrilled with the results. I would recommend Clobex to anyone - pricey but so worth it."

indygoblu July 2, 2008

"After a very bad breakout from a strep infection, this was the only thing that stopped the itch! After using this twice a day for a week (along with UV treatments), I started seeing my psoriasis clear up. And the spray is so much easier to apply."

Anonymous April 29, 2008

"AMAZING! Within 4 days I could see a difference in my skin.The plaques were starting to fade,the redness and itchiness GONE! It has been exactly one week since I started using the spray and I no longer have psoriasis.."

Anonymous March 19, 2008

"This was amazing. My condition was constant flaking and dry skin on my face, shoulders, and back. I was prescribed this for 10 days and saw amazing results. All redness and dryness are completely gone."

Anonymous March 9, 2008

"Hello, I've been prescribed Clobex Spray and have used it for about a week and a half now, (religiously). The psoriasis on my left elbow has completely disappeared and now the area is a very light shade of pink and is slowly starting to return to the shade of brown like the rest of my skin. My lower left leg on the front spot is a bit more stubborn but it is clearing up. I have two spots on my right front leg that are starting to disappear now (they have been the worst two spots). I like it."

ChangeOfFate May 22, 2007