User Reviews for Entocort EC

Learn more about Entocort EC.

Inflammatory Bowel Disease 6 reviews 73 medications

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 2 reviews 26 medications

Summary of Entocort EC reviews 14 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Entocort EC

Review by ladq: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: Stopped my Crohn's Disease flare up very quickly and rather effectively.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 12, 2014 5:08 PM
Review by Sherylro: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: I was prescribed this for Collagenous (microscopic) Colitis and it worked immediately with the first dose. I take three 3mg capsules at once in the morning. I've been on it for 15 months straight with no side effects but I do have to have a bone density scan once a year. I have tried weaning off the medicine but my symptoms return so looks like I'm on this for life. Entocort is my miracle. It helps me live a normal life.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 5, 2013 12:16 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: This medicine changed my life. I have taken it for 2yrs, but now have no health insurance and can't afford it. I have severe cramping and constant diarrhea. Food is repulsive to me and am losing weight like crazy. I sure do miss it.

December 1, 2011 2:37 PM

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: I've had Crohn's disease for 47 years. Entocort works great for calming acute symptoms in just a few days. I'm able to live a normal, pain free life with it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

August 17, 2011 7:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: I've been taking Entocort for almost 3 months now. My symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease are almost non existent. However since taking this medicine (almost from the beginning) I now have psoriasis all over my body, including pustular psoriasis on my hands and feet, which is very painful. I believe this medicine is causing the psoriasis, I've never had this condition before.

July 17, 2011 4:48 PM
Review by humbled: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: This medication worked great the first time I was diagnosed with Crohn's. No side effects that I noticed and started working very quickly. Several months later I had another flare and tried it again and it did not work for me. It was certainly worth a try to avoid the harmful side effects of other medications. I took this medicine along with Pentasa, which I use every day and still like.

September 21, 2010 8:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: VERY good medication! I had uncontrolled Crohn's for many years (no medicine would work for me). My gastroenterologist decided to try this one and it was a life saver. I couldn't go out before (even for groceries!). It didn't take very long to get the full effects from it and though the cost is higher than with the other medicines, I am more than willing to pay it to get my life back. I could only get relief from prednisone before this medicine came along, but had terrible side effects from it. Highly recommended for anyone looking for some relief for Crohn's. Good luck to all with this debilitating disease.

September 12, 2010 11:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I have had no problems with it and when I go off it I get a Crohn's relapse. It's worth the expense to have my health.

May 26, 2010 1:39 PM
Review by teachergirl: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: Entocort is used as a bridge therapy to settle severe flares. It brings almost complete relief within 2-3 days but it's just temporary as you can't stay on this drug for long periods of time.

April 10, 2010 6:27 PM
Review by merocks: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: I have been suffering with severe diarrhea due to Lymphocytic Colitis for 2 years. Have taken many different prescriptions for it with no help. Entocort was prescribed to me 10 days ago and I feel terrific! The diarrhea and cramping has stopped. I really feel great. For the first 4 days I did have a moderate headache, but that has gone. The only side effect I have now is some mild ache on my face. For me, Entocort has given me my life back.

March 31, 2010 3:17 AM
Review by phe3: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Eosinophilic Esophagitis: Entocort has been good to me and my Eosinophilic Esophagitis problem. It's not as effective as Prednisone, but WAY easier to handle. I could usually last 3 to 4 weeks off of Prednisone. I can only go about a week without Entocort. My side effects have been occasional dizziness, occasional indigestion / heartburn, and sometimes just feeling tired. After several years of Prednisone, this is still much better and easier to handle. I take one 3mg pill (3 times a day) and break it apart and pour it into my mouth and try to let the individual bits of medicine stay in my throat as long as I can. I've been doing well with this and I am happy with the results.

March 1, 2010 1:10 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: It gave me profuse sweating, minimal weight gain. I had nausea, elevated liver enzymes and elevated cholesterol during the 8 week course for acute disease.

November 22, 2009 5:37 PM
Review by 10yearsofIBS:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Reidcaro - Be careful. Less than 2 weeks time is not enough time to judge the results. Don't expect a cure of IBD. Look at yourself as managing it. Realizing this at the start may avoid a let down each time you change medicines.

September 22, 2009 7:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Eosinophilic Esophagitis: I have an unexplained food allergy that causes my esophagus (only esophagus) to close up completely with food in it. Cannot swallow saliva, as it builds up and makes me gag and choke as it goes down my windpipe when it builds up high enough. I was instructed to take 9mg (3, 3mg capsules) by removing the pellets from the capsules and eating them without water so they touch my esophagus directly. No side effects that I notice and it makes me able to eat. A God send - a must have for me.

September 15, 2009 10:12 PM
Review by reidcaro: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: I have only been taking this medicine for a week, I am being treated for inflammatory bowel disease and nothing else has worked. So far I think I am on the way to being cured. I am keeping my fingers crossed. After two weeks I have to report back to my physician as to my experience with this medicine.

June 21, 2009 12:06 PM
Review by bobnp: User Rating:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: This has been a miracle medication for me. The cost is a bit high, but the benefits out way the cost. I receive the same benefits as I do from Prednisone, however, with none of the side effects. It works very fast for me. I really think people who have to use prednisone should reconsider and try this medication for moderate flairs. I have had Crohn's disease for 33 years, this is the only medication (except prednisone) that has worked ever so well.

May 20, 2009 10:59 PM