User Reviews for Taclonex

Learn more about Taclonex.

Plaque Psoriasis 1 reviews 9 medications

Psoriasis 31 reviews 294 medications

7.9
Summary of Taclonex reviews 32 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Taclonex

For Psoriasis "This product is extremely greasy. It does not absorb into the skin and sits on the surface until eventually it will wipe off on clothes, furniture, bed sheets etc. As result it can't really be used in the morning, day or evening. Disappointingly CVS would not take it back for a refund on the day of sale. Also called Leo Pharmaceuticals, who make the product, and they could only offer an exchange for the same product! Outrageous considering how much money the industry makes!! Now I have 2 bottles of this expensive product I cannot use. I recommend to get the Clobetasol cream and stear clear of this one."

JezB May 1, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "In just 3 weeks my skin is clear."

Mamaril February 7, 2015

For Psoriasis "I used Talconex when it first came on the market. The scratching would keep me up all night and I would use sand paper from the hardware store to file down the hard crust. I was always bleeding. I went to the dermatologist again and he told me something new came on the market and told me it works in 75% of the people. He gave me samples. I asked if I should file down the crust before applying the samples. I swear, the next day the crust was gone. It was like a miracle. The whole area which had lost its color came back in about a year. I may be 1 of the lucky ones -it never came back -skin clear &soft."

Psorasis free November 25, 2014

For Psoriasis "I've been struggling with scalp psoriasis for 4 years and tried the OTC treatments, but nothing has worked! My dermatologist prescribed me this medication and I started applying it 2x/day on my scalp and I started seeing major improvements within a week! I've stopped scratching my scalp now and I've been happy to have this relief. Gone are the days when I would be scratching my scalp constantly and my back would be full of dandruff. I also have guttate psoriasis on my legs and trunks. The results aren't as effective and instant compared to ones on my scalp so minus 2 stars! I wish it helped clear the pink spots up right away though! Ugh, it's like acne on your legs, but more stubborn!"

Double T October 18, 2014

For Psoriasis "I applied Taclonex for over a year. It sooths and moisturizes the skin but consistent improvement did not happen. My Psoriasis seemed to flare up and then subside without any direct impact from this product. It is expensive!"

murray57 August 9, 2014

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for like 5 years. Nothing has worked. I have had it in some spots on my body, my ears, and on my scalp. I used this medicine one time in my ears, and some on my scalp and i saw a HUGE improvement. My ears are pretty much cleared up, and my scalp is on it's way! Best topical I have ever used! I highly recommend it!"

Michaela.Danielle (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2014

For Psoriasis "Scalp psoriasis spread uncontrolled for over 2 years, it was unbearable! Less than a week on this medication, and it's almost completely cleared up. The price is high, but the results are worth it. No negative side effects."

Maverick_No9 June 26, 2014

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for over 15yrs and Taclonex was the only medication that actually cleared it up. It worked quickly and the psoriasis stayed gone I was only fortunate enough to experience this medication because my dermatologist gave me free samples and I was able to spread that out for a year. My psoriasis stayed clear for about 6 months after I stopped using the Taclonex. My only cons to this medication is it tore up my fingernails (I recommend applying it with gloves) and the price! I was very disappointed when I went to fill my prescription and found out the price. I just cannot afford it. Almost $800.00 with ins! That is the only reason I gave 7 stars. If it were actually affordable I would give it 100 stars."

jkl new mexico March 1, 2014

For Psoriasis "Taclonex seemed to work the first day or two, but then nothing plus, it is greasy and very expensive. "

G-man2 October 10, 2013

For Psoriasis "I love Taclonex, this is amazing I have had psoriasis for the past 12 years. I have been waiting many years for something to finally help my knees and elbows. After a week using this product saw the results. I couldn't be happier."

Kellyr1203 September 8, 2013

For Psoriasis "I love Taclonex. I have had psoriasis for the past 25 years. I never wore short sleeve shirts or shorts until I started using Taclonex. Thank you to my Dermatologist. I have tried so many medicines and nothing worked. It is kind of greasy but I have been waiting many years for something to finally help my knees and elbows. I couldn't be happier."

Crazyme2013 July 28, 2013

For Psoriasis "This is AMAZING! I've had nasty eczema on my index finger for almost a year where it was almost impossible to use the digit. It was thick, unbendable, cracking, bleeding and painful! After a week, I actually have feeling back in that finger. It has cleared up spots on my neck and behind my ears. Just amazing!"

Kelita715 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2013

For Psoriasis "My scalp psoriasis began about 5 years, about the same time I was put on high blood pressure medication. I'm not sure if there is any connection. I have tried all kinds of medicines as well as laser therapy with no success. Recently, I went to a new dermatologist who prescribed Taclonex with great success. However, if I stop using it for more than 3 days, the psoriasis starts up again. One of my complaints is I have a hard time washing it out of my hair. The day after I use the medicine, I wash my hair at least 4 x) and it still is greasy."

Hi5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2013

For Psoriasis "I tried other medicine that did not work and costed me over $100.00. I tried the Taclonex liquid in a bottle for my scalp and applied to my legs. My scalp cleared in a week, my legs are coming along very well. The dark patches have completely vanished. When I went back to my doctor he was very impressed and so was I. I asked for a prescription for the ointment for my legs and use the other on my scalp on a as need basic. My doctor office also gave me the prescription card, I'm able to get 6 bottles of liquid for my scalp and 6 ointments for my legs."

Jai in Florida December 2, 2012

For Psoriasis "First tube working well, elbows and knees clear. Butt and back of legs showing signs of improvement. Doctor gave zero co-pay coupon or I would not be using this medication. Insurance people think a 60 gram tube should last three weeks."

depotbill (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2012

For Psoriasis "I had psoriasis come up suddenly all over my feet - after a year I could barely walk - 2 days and my feet are almost clear. This will definitely be a staple in my medicine cabinet!"

hunney (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2012

For Psoriasis "I have been using Taclonex for about 10 months. It seems to do some good for a week or so at a time, then things flare up as it seems like I have been using nothing. It just is not very consistent. "

Murray55 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2012

For Psoriasis "I absolutely love this medicine. It works wonders for my small spots of plaque psoriasis on my body. I also have scalp psoriasis which I also treat with Taclonex. I use it mainly around my hair line because it makes my hair very greasy and oily looking. This is the only ointment type of topical medication I have been prescribed that legitimately works. I was diagnosed with psoriasis at the age of 3 and am now 16 and have been using this for about 3 years now. I find that there aren't really any side effects that I can think of. If I routinely apply this every night before I go to bed, my psoriasis will disappear within a week and stay gone or come back in about two weeks without applying it."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 9, 2012

For Psoriasis "Have been using Taclonex for the past year. No relief from psoriasis from scalp and legs and this is supposed to be the best on the market. Cost is restrictive. "

Anonymous February 13, 2012

For Psoriasis "I got a Zero Co-pay coupon for this medication and have been using it for about 8 months now with little relief from psoriasis. It's greasy, takes a while to apply to all my areas, and doesn't work any better than regular lotion for me. "

Anonymous January 19, 2012

For Psoriasis "I love Taclonex to manage my symptoms of psoriasis. My problems started after the birth of my first child. I later learned pregnancy makes autoimmune conditions much worse. While living in the Bay Area I was fortunate enough to meet a nutritionist who explained to me the true causes of psoriasis. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease but can be made better by identifying and eliminating foods that trigger an immune response in your system. An ALCAT blood test can identify your problematic foods and those food changes combined with Taclonex resulted in total clearance of psoriasis. I can't tell you what a relief it has been. "

JPIreland July 15, 2011

For Psoriasis "I have pretty bad psoriasis. It was mild at first and I was prescribed Taclonex and Desonide which worked like a charm. I changed insurances and they didn't cover Taclonex so my psoriasis spread like wild fire. What is worse is I am getting married in less than a year and it is very noticeable on my arms. I finally got the insurnace company to grant me an exception so I have begun using Taclonex religiously! I hope it clears by my wedding."

Anonymous December 13, 2010

For Psoriasis "This drug was extremely effective at treating my psoriasis. I have fairly severe Guttate psoriasis in which I develop small spots over large areas of my body (as opposed to one large, localized spot). After applying Taclonex for only three days or so, the spots began to clear up almost completely. There are no side effects that I notice with this medication. The only negative involved is that the salve is greasy and difficult to apply. I would literally spend twenty minutes applying it to all the small spots on my body twice a day. That, combined with the fact that my whole body would be covered in a thin greasy film, led me to eventually seek out other treatment. If these don't apply to you, this medicine is hard to beat."

Anonymous May 4, 2010

For Psoriasis "I have been on Taclonex and urea cream for my psoriasis for over a year now. I have also been receiving light therapy and laser light therapy as well, and it has still not cleared up. Just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced the same thing as myself and have they tried anything else. Sick of Psoriasis...."

Anonymous January 12, 2010

For Psoriasis "I went to the dermatologist after having psoriasis on my hands, elbows, fingers and toes. He gave me Laclotion and Clobetasol foam. These did not work after using them for 2 weeks! I went to a different doctor, who gave me Taclonex, and even though it's greasy when you put it on (not like the Clobetasol foam that dried up right away), but the Taclonex got rid of the psoriasis after 7 days. It really is amazing."

Innes September 23, 2009