Generic Name: naftifine (NAF-ti-feen)
Brand Name: Naftin
Naftin-MP Cream is used for:
Treating athlete's foot, jock itch, or ringworm. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Naftin-MP Cream is an antifungal cream. It works by killing sensitive fungi.
Do NOT use Naftin-MP Cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Naftin-MP Cream
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Naftin-MP Cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with Naftin-MP Cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Naftin-MP Cream. Because little, if any, of Naftin-MP Cream is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Naftin-MP Cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Naftin-MP Cream:
Use Naftin-MP Cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash and completely dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of Naftin-MP Cream to the affected area and to a Â½-inch area of healthy, surrounding skin. Gently rub the medicine in until it is evenly distributed.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Naftin-MP Cream.
- Do not cover the area being treated with a bandage or dressing unless directed by your doctor.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Naftin-MP Cream for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if your condition improves in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Naftin-MP Cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Naftin-MP Cream.
Important safety information:
- Naftin-MP Cream is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, vagina, or mouth. If you get it in your eyes, rinse at once with cool water.
- If your symptoms do not get better or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If irritation or sensitivity occurs, contact your health care provider.
- Be sure to use Naftin-MP Cream for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The fungus could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Naftin-MP Cream may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Naftin-MP Cream should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Naftin-MP Cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if Naftin-MP Cream is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Naftin-MP Cream, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Naftin-MP Cream:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Burning; dryness; mild itching; stinging.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blisters; irritation; redness; severe or persistent itching; swelling.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch .
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Naftin-MP Cream:
Store Naftin-MP Cream at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Naftin-MP Cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Naftin-MP Cream, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Naftin-MP Cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Naftin-MP Cream or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Naftin-MP Cream. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Naftin-MP Cream. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Naftin-MP Cream.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.