Muro 128 drops
Generic Name: sodium chloride (SOE-dee-um KLOR-ide)
Brand Name: Examples include Altachlore and Muro 128
Muro 128 drops are used for:
Temporarily treating swelling of the cornea of the eye.
Muro 128 drops are a hypertonic salt solution. It works by drawing water out of the cornea, decreasing swelling.
Do NOT use Muro 128 drops if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Muro 128 drops
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Muro 128 drops:
Some medical conditions may interact with Muro 128 drops. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Muro 128 drops. However, no specific interactions with Muro 128 drops are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Muro 128 drops may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Muro 128 drops:
Use Muro 128 drops as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- To use Muro 128 drops in the eye, first, wash your hands. Tilt your head back. Using your index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Drop the medicine into the pouch and gently close your eyes. Immediately use your finger to apply pressure to the inside corner of the eye for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not blink. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them. To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including your eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not use Muro 128 drops if it changes color or is cloudy.
- If you miss a dose of Muro 128 drops, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Muro 128 drops.
Important safety information:
- Muro 128 drops may be harmful if swallowed. If you may have taken Muro 128 drops by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you plan on becoming pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Muro 128 drops during pregnancy. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Muro 128 drops, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Muro 128 drops:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild burning or irritation.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); changes in vision; continued redness, burning, or irritation; eye pain; feeling that something is in the eye.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Muro 128 drops:
Store Muro 128 drops at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Muro 128 drops out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Muro 128 drops, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Muro 128 drops are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Muro 128 drops or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Muro 128 drops. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Muro 128 drops. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Muro 128 drops.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.