Do you need to have a few days off alcohol before starting naltrexone?

Hello readytoquit. It is recommended that no alcohol be consumed 14 days prior to taking Naltrexone. Regards pledge

You can do it, readyto quit! one day at a time.I've had to quit alcohol 38 days ago
this time!! again..But my body and all my meds make it a necessity
Hang Tough! your friend, DD

Anonymous

Pledge is right... you need to wait at least 14 days after your last drink before starting Naltrexone!!!

Hello readytoquit,
And congrats for realizing that it is time to put your life back together free from the cruches of alcohol, trust me been there done that and it aint fun!! I read that u should avoid alcohol for up to 14 days before you start the naltrexone, but you can call a center that offers this type help and ask them to ease your mind and be 100% accurate... good luck with your recovery

angel1662/carol