Why should abilify be taken at bedtime ?

You should take Abilify at bed time because one of the most common side effects of the drug is that it makes you sleepy. So it seems natural to take something that makes you sleepy at bed time. You wouldn't take sleeping pills when you get up in the morning, or in the middle of the day at work or school, now would you? Physically and logically, taking Abilify right before bed makes the most sense.
Luckily, Abilify is a medication that you can take without eating food, so you don't to worry about going to sleep with a full stomach. You should however drink at least one full glass of water when you take it though because Abilify can easily dehydrate your body. Also, if you are taking Abilify in pill form, the extra water is needed to dissolve the pill before you swallow.
Hopefully that answers your question, but please let me know if I left anything out that you are curious about. I will always answer to the best of my knowledge.
Best of luck and sweet dreams my friend!

LYNETTE12 15 Nov 2009

But im also taking 2 ambien at night.this seems like alot. Dont u think

LYNETTE12 16 Nov 2009

I take 2 ambien at bedtime too.thats seem alot with the abilify don't u think?

I also would recomend taking abilify at bed time. It makes you sooo sleepy. I made the mistake of taking it during the day when it was first prescribed to me and it totally knocked me out but if I take it at night I actually wake up refreshed. That's somthing I could never say before abilify. Good luck.