Why does keflex smell bad?

It must be the medicine itself ... the excipients shouldn't smell.

It's considered a sulfa which is what causes the rotten egg smell

Hi rose, it does indeed have an odor!! I have a feeling it's the "other inactive ingredients" that give off this smell.

"Each capsule contains cephalexin monohydrate equivalent to 250 mg, 333 mg, 500 mg or 750 mg of cephalexin. The capsules also contain cellulose, D & C Yellow No. 10, F D & C Blue No. 1, F D & C Yellow No. 6, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silicone, titanium dioxide, and other inactive ingredients"