Why do u have to take effexor with food?

The reason for this is to minimize stomach upset. Not sure which one you are on, whether regular or XR (extended release) if extended release do not chew the tablet or break it in half. This causes the coating on the tablet to be opended up which allows the dose to be absorbed by your body quickly, can cause what is known as over dose. Sorry I did add a little more info that you requested. Best to you

I agree with papasam, he covered the bases :-0) In my case, when I was on effexor I just took it along with a glass of water. Truth be told, I've always over the years, taken my medications with a glass of water. Never added any food to take along with it. Having said that I hope that you finf effexor to be a helpfull medication for you. Have yourself a great Sunday,

I'm been on Effexor in the past but have now been on Effexor XR for a couple years. Truth be told: I NEVER take any of my meds with food--just water or juice usually. They just put that sentence in there in case you happen to be 1 out of like 10% that are very sensitive. You'll be fine either way. Stick with the Effexor though! It has done wonders for me. I am so much more functional and balanced on it!