What time of day should Lisinopril be taken if prescribed to take 1 tablet daily?

It doesn't matter too much what time of day you take the Lisinopril but it is a good idea to take it at the same time every day ie. at 24 hour intervals. If you are just starting treatment with Lisinopril it is probably a good idea to take the tablets in the evening with a meal to reduce side-effects. It is worth knowing that when first starting lisinopril it can lower the blood-pressure significantly and you need to be careful when getting out of bed or off the couch etc ie. get up slowly to avoid dizziness.

jaquay21_ 15 Jul 2009

hi, Lisinopril , one of it's side effect is going to bath room. so, I would take it in morning so I don't be up all night . Hang in there.

bennie9898 8 Dec 2010

Dr OZ spoke about this in November 2010. He said to take blood pressurre meds at night

1210ok 3 Aug 2011

I was given Lisinopril in an EA at 12 noon and I feel poorly for a few hours after I take it how can I change it to evening. By the comments made here it sounds wiser.

dr/marwa 20 Apr 2012

I am a pharmacist,Lisinopril is better taken in the mornings on an empty stomach (better bioavailability)... ie the percentage of the drug reaching your blood is much more when taken without food,and hence a better action of the medication... moreover if Lisinopril has a diuretic with it, you will need to go to the bathroom several times... take care it MAY cause dry cough

melmelnhl 30 Apr 2013

Lisinopril is a loop diuretic, and it's main action is to make you pee. Dr. oz said that it would be good to take the other BP medications as night because it would lower your heart rate and blood pressure, and you would want to do that while you were asleep so your heart wouldn't have to work as hard when you were awake and doing tasks. However, if you are taking a diuretic, such as Lisinopril and you would be taking trips to the bathroom, I would want to take that during the day.

Molly54 3 May 2013

I'm greatly concerned about the chance of rapid weight gain and bloating. Who out there has experienced this side effect?

Allen Miller 12 Nov 2013

This is a very thoughtful, and logical comment. Thank you suzanne66. Allen

ZLS0324 6 Mar 2014

Since there is a caution about taking lisinopril and driving I take my pill at night at bedtime. I had a horrible dry cough for several weeks when beginning this drug but the cough seems to have subsided, thank goodness.