What is the dosage for prednisone for skin rash?

It depends on the cause and the severity of your problem. You haven't said what the cause is for the rash. I would NOT automatically take prednisone for a skin rash unless it was caused by a problem that prednisone is designed to help. Prednisone is serious medication and you should only be taking it by the orders of a dr. Be careful with prednisone.

connie1313 11 Dec 2009

I have been on prednisone for 10 years and at first it was my miracle drug for psoriasis. However, after several years I found out the nasty side effects. I started out on 10 mg daily amd eventually ended up on 80mg. Suring those 3 years I ended up with diabetes, osteoporosis, cushions, and weight gain of 100 pounds even with dieting. You have to go down slowly and I'm now on 5mg daily which is my theraupetic dose. Be very careful.