Anonymous

What is the best medication for intermittent bouts of Diverticulitis?

Diverticulitis is swelling (inflammation) of an abnormal pouch (diverticulum) in the intestinal wall. This usually leads to infection. Antibiotics and pain killers are usually prescribed for acute attacks of diverticulitis eg.ciprofloxacin, metronidazole, cephalexin,and doxycycline
Liquid or low fiber foods are advised during acute attacks of diverticulitis. This is done to reduce the amount of material that passes through the colon.
You may find this site useful http://www.medicinenet.com/diverticulosis/page3.htm