What do I use if itching still persists after taking fluconazole?

have you informed your doctor of this?

Anonymous

You can continue to use the miconazole cream on the outside if you need to and also some vagisil maximum strength, on the outside. Diflucan ( fluconazole) takes a day or 2 sometimes to work. If you are still having problems in a week, see the doctor or at least call him/her. It should have cleared by then. Don't gob the cream on, put a small amount on. If you keep that area too wet and you still have some yeast present, it could make them rebloom. Bacterial vaginosis can have the same symptoms as a yeast infection and you could have that instead.

vary 20 May 2011

what if during taking loading dose of fungal vaginitis(oral fluconazole),bacterial vaginosis starts.is this happens frequently?

Anonymous 20 May 2011

It could happen , the infections can follow each other , occur simultaneously , or the med that treats bacterial vaginosis, metro gel, then can cause a bad yeast infection. Patti