What are the side effects if you have mirena longer than 5 years?

Don't know about side effects, per se, but you can definitely get pregnant, as the levonorgesterel in the IUD will no longer be in effect. Increasing your risks of ectopic pregnancy.

Reversible birth control that works for a long time (up to 5 years).
The medication in the device is slowly released into the body over a 5-year period.

The levonorgestrel intrauterine device may become embedded into the wall of the uterus, or may perforate (form a hole) in the uterus. If this occurs, the device may no longer prevent pregnancy, or it may move outside the uterus and cause scarring, infection, or damage to other organs. If the device embeds in or perforates the uterine wall, your doctor may need to surgically remove the device.

Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as: