I have wellbutrin xl 150mg.It expired on 8/12/12. Can I still use it. Thankyou?

Anonymous

Hello bigdaddysplash. Yes, but however, it likely will not be as effective as it once was. Most all drugs are discarded a year after a perscription was filled. And it should be taken as perscribed. Not certain why you never finished the Wellbutrin. Regards pledge

Hi BigDaddy and welcome,
Did you just find some leftover medication? As Pledge the Guru said, it may not be as effective, but my concern for you would be this-are you still on Wellbutrin? I can understand trying to save $$ with prescription costs, but I would be fearful if you were feeling depressed and self medicating without seeing a Dr. Hope you won't be insulted by the suggestion. I am only asking out of genuine concern for you. Please let us know. We care!!
Regards,
Frenchie