I'm on Trazodone 100mg and Buspar 20mg Is this a bad combination?

Combining these medications can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. You should contact the doc immediately if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications.

Take care, best wishes!

Anonymous

Hello in2sharpei. I just like to add to what Rajive said. There are many combinations of drugs that carry the risk of acquireing Sertonin Syndrome and they are perscribed because they are effective to treating the diagnosis. If your doctor has perscribed this combination, she/he has done so with the best of intent for your condition. Regards pledge

I am also taking Trazodone, 150mg x1 day at bedtime and (generic) Buspar. 10mg x2 three times a day. These along with others have really helped me and I have had no side effects.