Tizanidine - is it considered a narcotic?

No, it's a muscle relaxer/antispasmodic. . Brand name Zanaflex. It can cause drowsiness. Best! CC

cupcake7667 5 Jan 2013

http://www.drugs.com/tizanidine.html
Here's all the info regarding the medication/side effects etc. through Drugs.com

Anonymous

Xhocolate, when I was first diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, my Rheumatologist put me on Zanaflex, and I was one of the people that it made kinda spacey. The Dr. Said it would either quit in a few days, or I would need another one. I wandered the same thing myself? I've mainly heard no, but a couple of people questions. I will totally be honest though. I have went back and fourth with muscle relaxers due to the drowsiness effect, Tizanadine (Zanaflex), makes me a little drowsy, but it kills two birds with one stone. It helps my Fibro, and my horrific muscle spasm's. great luck to you, Ruthie

cupcake7667 5 Jan 2013

Luckily it comes in 4 mg tablets. I too have played around with it and other muscle relaxers to see what's best. The good thing about Zanaflex is you can play around with your dosing per your doctors recs. for example I can take 1-3 capsules (I get brand name) three times daily. I can take one at work and function appropriately. 2-3 and I'm home bound, 3 and I'll sleep like a baby. Question: have you either noticed feeling complete disorientation when waking up and almost waking up with a jolt? It's hard to explain exactly but anything sound familiar?

Anonymous 5 Jan 2013

Hy cupcake. How are you doing sweets? HKkoney I take a few meds for several diffeet medial conditions, like pain pills for back, neck, shoulders, knee's, etc... Nuerontin for Fibro, wich makes me a litte dizzy, Klonopin for anxiety/painick disorder. So I do wake up that way a little bit, oooh and I have evee insomnia and take something for it. It could any of those, or little bit of all of them. I'm just telling you the truth honey. I just don't know. How have you been doing? Send me a PQ sometime soon, or I'll catch you. Have a great day, and good to hear from you. Your Friend, ruthie

No, it's a Muscle relaxer.

Anonymous 6 Jan 2013

Oh thanks Pledge. I already figured it out, very shortly that it was a muscle relaxer. but I appreciate you clarifying that for us. I hope everything is going great for you. Hmmm. haven't talked to you, well, it's been a while. I miss chatting with you, because we've never had a reason not to. Have we? Had a couple of issues with other's last year, but I've chosen to forget the past and be a better person this coming year. Because I have no ill feeling in my heart towards noone. Hopefully this coming year will bring people, family, and friends closer and back together. I hope you have been well. I'm sorry for not saying hey to you in a while. I hope Winston is growing into a beautiful pupp now. I hope to hear a quick hello back from you as well. Ruthie. I've always had the upmost respect for you, and think you are a gem to this site. Please take care. Things can be different this yr. Ruthie

Anonymous 6 Jan 2013