Is it safe to use No Salt, salt substitute with Lisinipril?

If I'm correct No Salt is potassium. If that is the case, then there is the possibility of the serum potassium level being too high with use of both this and lisinopril.

McCormick spices has a group of products that contain no Salt and are a mix of various spices to flavor foods. These would be very safe to use. .if you take a look at their web site on the right hand side it advertises products to season foods without salt. Potassium build up would not become a problem with these.

FYI: Too much potassium salts is a real health hazard.

Anonymous

No, it is not safe. You need to use anything but salt or a salt substitute. Mrs. Dash offers a great seasoning mix that offers a lot of taste without salt. You ust stop using salt on your food. That includes cooking with salt too. My husband & I both take diuretics, & can't use salt. Unfortunately I love salt for flavoring, & it was very hard to get used to not using it, but it's very important that you don't. If you try the Mrs. Dash, I think you will find a whole new outlook on the taste of food... Mary