Pregabalin - is lyrica a narcotic pain medicine?

Actually it is not but i am curious as to the effects of this medicine as it resembles a medication i took for pain that was non narcotic but was wonderfull called nurontin (Gabapentin) many people do not realise that you can actually feel euphoric similiar to narcotics from these medications. Are you on this medicine? is it expensive? and does it feel like a narcotic? just curious. my gabapentin is very expensive even for generic

itsmetoo2 2 Sep 2009

Where do you buy gabapentin? Must be a private pharmacy. Many of the large pharmacy has it for rather a great price. I am on it and I have checked Costco, Target, Walmart etc. This is what I pay: I found these prices on the internet, as most companies are posting them on the net so we can price compare.

Generic Alternative $7.41 $8.62 $11.95

Generic Alternative $6.20 $7.81 $11.55

Generic Alternative $9.23 $11.95 $18.72

Generic Alternative $17.00 $23.86 $40.12

Generic Alternative $17.20 $24.27 $40.72

Just shop around. Best Wishes

elmricmg 4 Sep 2009

I was paying $240 for 90 800mg genarics at cvs and the problem was i didnt shop around. there is a community pharmacy here in mesa that specializes in pain management i get my MS Contin and Norco here so i checked for the gabapentin yesterday and i got my 90 800's for $51!! Rediculous. so my advice would be to try and find a community pharmacy that helps ppl without insurance. i think most places have these.