Can mupirocin ointment, usp 2% be used for a yeast infection?

Nooooooooooooooo. You can't use an antibiotic ointment on a yeast infection. If anything you'll make it worse.

No. Mupirocin is used as an antibacterial ointment. I recommend (from experience) treating candidiasis (yeast infection) using antifungal topical creams like Clotrimazole or an oral pill prescribed by your doctor like fluconazole. Those pills are so effective that you only need one and within a few days symptoms clear right up. You can buy the creams at any drugstore or even Walmart. Good luck! Hope this helps.

SHEsevEN4 3 days ago

Yes you can, any where else on skin, alone with antifungal cream, Doctor gave both to me, because it can get infected, but it will not treat yeast infection, the pill is the best for yeast, Doctor will have to call it in for you, one pill last several days and its gone, Best of luck to you !