Can mupirocin ointment, usp 2% be used for a yeast infection?

Nooooooooooooooo. You can't use an antibiotic ointment on a yeast infection. If anything you'll make it worse.

No. Mupirocin is used as an antibacterial ointment. I recommend (from experience) treating candidiasis (yeast infection) using antifungal topical creams like Clotrimazole or an oral pill prescribed by your doctor like fluconazole. Those pills are so effective that you only need one and within a few days symptoms clear right up. You can buy the creams at any drugstore or even Walmart. Good luck! Hope this helps.