How many 2mg valium is equivalent to a 1mg XANEX?

Hello VanessaHardy. Valium is a long acting Benzodiazepine. Xanax is a short acting Benzodiazepine. I would put the equation that 1mg valium is equal to 1mg Xanax. Regards pledge

dawhoda 5 Apr 2015

Sorry it's not even close to equivalent to xanax buddy

Hello Vanessa,

10 mg Valium is = to 0.5 mg Xanax.

Kind regards... pamee

pamee 1 Nov 2012

I would put a link for the equal values of all benzos, but wouldn't allow it, so I sent the above about it.

pamee 1 Nov 2012

Pledge is correct about valium being longer acting than xanax. Actually for long term use valium is better to use, and xanax for quick relief every once in awhile.

I took xanax for almost 15 years and I came off of them last year... My therapists and doctors told me that valium have a shorter life span then xanax... I am now taking valium instead of xanax...

pamee 5 Apr 2015

I don't know if you made a mistake in your post saying valium has a shorter life span than xanax, but it's the other way around and if your doctor's told you that then they are wrong as valium has a much longer half life than xanax. Xanax is a short acting benzo. You're doctor probably switched you to valium, because it last much longer ... Good day!

10 (TEN) 2mg Valium pills would be equivalent to a 1mg Xanax pill

10mg Valium = 0.5mg Xanax, therefore
(2mg Valium = 0.1mg Xanax) x (10) = 20mg Valium = 1mg Xanax

Ten 2mg Valium tablets equal a 1mg XANAX.

Hope this helps.