How many 2mg valium is equivalent to a 1mg XANEX?

Hello VanessaHardy. Valium is a long acting Benzodiazepine. Xanax is a short acting Benzodiazepine. I would put the equation that 1mg valium is equal to 1mg Xanax. Regards pledge

Hello Vanessa,

10 mg Valium is = to 0.5 mg Xanax.

Kind regards... pamee

pamee 1 Nov 2012

I would put a link for the equal values of all benzos, but drugs.com wouldn't allow it, so I sent the above about it.

pamee 1 Nov 2012

Pledge is correct about valium being longer acting than xanax. Actually for long term use valium is better to use, and xanax for quick relief every once in awhile.

10 (TEN) 2mg Valium pills would be equivalent to a 1mg Xanax pill

10mg Valium = 0.5mg Xanax, therefore
(2mg Valium = 0.1mg Xanax) x (10) = 20mg Valium = 1mg Xanax

Ten 2mg Valium tablets equal a 1mg XANAX.

Hope this helps.

I took xanax for almost 15 years and I came off of them last year... My therapists and doctors told me that valium have a shorter life span then xanax... I am now taking valium instead of xanax...