was on 80mg then went on to 40mg now on 20mg. i want to stop all together...
17 Oct 2012
The half life of Propranolol is about 10 hours. This is the time it takes for the drug levels in your plasma to reduce by half.
For a drug to be totally eliminated from your system it takes around 5.5 times the half life.
As an estimate then, after taking a dose of Propranolol it should be out of your system after 55 hours ( just over 2 days).
However other factors to consider include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
- Propranolol Information for Consumers
- Propranolol Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Propranolol (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
... college student and will want to party. I am not sure what the risks are or if the drug just loses its effectiveness. I wonder if I should take ...
2 answers • 2 Aug 2010
I have been prescribed propranolol 80mg slow release 1 a day, for anixeity, also every morning now since just before december i have woke up with a ...
0 answers • 25 Feb 2014
Im 29 and i was taking propranolol prescribed to me by the er. I took them for two weeks then i started to notice my vision change. I have light ...
1 answer • 13 Dec 2014
I asked my dr to try propranolol to help with physical symptoms of anxiety, I've been taking 3 x 40mg for 4-5 days now but it doesn't seem ...
2 answers • 16 Dec 2014
I have been taking the Prpranolol Hcl ER 80 mg. for 10 years, but I had to change Dr.'s and the new Dr. prescribed Propranolol ER 80 mg. So I ...
1 answer • 28 Mar 2015