was on 80mg then went on to 40mg now on 20mg. i want to stop all together...
17 Oct 2012
The half life of Propranolol is about 10 hours. This is the time it takes for the drug levels in your plasma to reduce by half.
For a drug to be totally eliminated from your system it takes around 5.5 times the half life.
As an estimate then, after taking a dose of Propranolol it should be out of your system after 55 hours ( just over 2 days).
However other factors to consider include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
- Propranolol Information for Consumers
- Propranolol Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Propranolol (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
I am taking propranolol for headaches. My headaches have decreased but I am having vivid dreams most every night. I talk, move around, and am in ...
1 answer • 14 Aug 2010
I have to take 40 mg of propranolol (short-acting)... and 60 mg of propranolol (Long-acting) once per week. But I am also on Prozac 60mg a day. The ...
1 answer • 10 Jul 2012
i started taking it for panic attacks .i have weened off them reckemended by my doctor i have stopped taking them 2 weeks ago ,but i feel dizzy and ...
1 answer • 3 Aug 2015
I'm a 24 year old female! A few months back I had a panic attack every since then I have struggled with anxiety and worrying about every little ...
2 answers • 9 days ago