How long does the diarrhea last when first starting metformin?

I started Metformin at 4 x 500mg per day. For a very long time I had days where the explosive and I mean, really, really, really, really, explosive diarrhea kept me for days on and near the toilet. I had the pharmacist and doctor ensure that it was the Mylan (coated/slow release) Metformin and still the problem persists.

shockalet 12 Aug 2013

Well I've been taking it about 3 weeks now and I only had loose stool for one day but I take 2 tablets a day 500 mg ER..but alot of people say it will make you go the bathroom