Klonopin - does this drug help for pain?

Klonopin can be given for pain because it calms you down but no it is not a classical pain medicine

It is not a traditional "pain medication" or analgesic but I have seen it used "off label" to help with musculoskeletal pain because it can help calm and relax muscle spasms.

Klonopin is not a pain medication. It is for calming your nerves down, anxiety, etc. But it does help in calming you down when you are in pain. And you don't Think about the pain as much because your mind is somewhere else. Hope this was helpful. Good luck to you.

Hi dano82, I have been taking Klonopin for many years. It is my lifesaver-
for my anxiety and depression. That said it is not a painkiller.~~dd~~

I originally got this for anxiety, but I've recently found that it does help with my severe menstrual pain.