Is taking aspirin every other day or 3-4 days a week as blood thinner enough for this purpose?

You should only take preventative aspirin on your doctors recommendation. This is because the side effects may be serious and it is not a drug for everyone.
The usual dose for your purpose is 75 mg to 325 mg orally once a day depending on circumstances.
What strength is your aspirin tablet?
For more information see http://www.drugs.com/dosage/aspirin.html

ala27iary 13 Aug 2011

thx alot suzaanne for answering, i sort of know this stuff (i'm a pharmacist), but maybe my question was not specific enough, i meant, is it enough to take it every other day not every day?? (100 mg)

suzanne66 13 Aug 2011

As far as I understand alternate-day dosing with low-dose aspirin may provide
adequate protection against cardiovascular events in some
individuals but current guidelines recommend daily dosing. You will probably need to talk with your doctor for a more specific answer. All the best.